Options
Yasser009
Yasser009 Member Posts: 1 New User
 I’m wondering if it’s A normal thing or I should fix it 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Depends on the noise... :) Is it a cracking sound like the plastic is breaking, or a small beep sound, or ...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are a couple of things that lead to the left side hinge pulling loose... One is opening the screen from the corner instead of the middle. That stresses one side more than the other, as the screen tries to flex due to the uneven pull. Another is the hinge itself can gradually tighten (also caused by the uneven flex). Some hinges are held by a screw/nut combo and on one side each open tries to loosen the screw and the other side tries to tighten. We had a user here a couple of years ago that found with his system if he put a little Loctite Blue on the screw threads it stayed in place instead of tightening over time. If yours has past the stage where the failures start and is out of warranty you might look at taking it apart and rebuilding the mounts for the screws with some JB Weld or Epoxy. Then look at the hinge design to see if the Loctite might help. Once you have it back in shape try to always open from the middle of the screen not from a corner...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.