Acer Swift 3 (SF 314-42) CPU frequency prolems on LOW BATTERY

Options
Edi121
Edi121 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello! Hope you can fix the issue.. I would be thankful!

When I opened the laptop (turned it on) on 25% battery life, CPU frequency was stuck on 0.4 GHz. My swift 3 is brand new/bought a month ago. Is this a BIOS issue or is it prebuilt in my PC because it is really annoying and I bought my swift for college purposes, so i need my battery to run full battery life on normal speeds..

Laptop specs: 

MODEL: SF 314-42
BIOS: Insyde Corp. V1.04, 08.06.2020.
BIOS MODE: UEFI
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics  2.38 GHz
Installed RAM 8,00 GB (7,37 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thank You in advance,
Cheers,
EDI

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,892 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That is the normal behavior when running in battery saver mode. Deep down in your power options there are setting as to where the battery state is when it switches to the power saving modes, so you might be able to tweak that for better speed and lower numbers, though it won't help with actual battery life.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That is the normal behavior when running in battery saver mode. Deep down in your power options there are setting as to where the battery state is when it switches to the power saving modes, so you might be able to tweak that for better speed and lower numbers, though it won't help with actual battery life.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ernesto_c
    Ernesto_c Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, i have the same problem with my Acer laptop, with the same specs, I solve the problem every time by turning it off and on again, (with the charger plugged in) , but i can't find a definitive solution for this problem, any ideas? @billsey sorry, can you tell me where I can find these settings?
  • billsey
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Sure, Power & Sleep Settings; Advanced Power Settings; Change Plan Settings; Change Advanced Power Settings; Battery. Low, Reserve and Critical Battery levels are what you'll want to play with.