My acer v5 122p won’t let me factory reset it or even boot into windows 8.

Seger
Seger Member Posts: 1 New User
My acer laptop won’t let me boot into windows 8. Every time I try it says an error occurred when resetting. So then I tried to just boot up Windows 8 . And it shut down and restarted by itself. Every time I try to boot it shuts down and boots back up to the troubleshoot page.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I assume you have been running Windows 8 all along and never did the upgrade to Windows 10? There are some diagnostics we can do to help figure out what's wrong and repair it, but we're going to likely need a Windows 8 install flash drive. You will have to create that on a different machine using the ISO from Microsoft with either the Media Creation Tool or Rufus. Once that is ready you will boot from it and let it try to repair things by choosing the Repair option. If that repair fails let me know and we'll work on the next steps.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    I assume you have been running Windows 8 all along and never did the upgrade to Windows 10? There are some diagnostics we can do to help figure out what's wrong and repair it, but we're going to likely need a Windows 8 install flash drive. You will have to create that on a different machine using the ISO from Microsoft with either the Media Creation Tool or Rufus. Once that is ready you will boot from it and let it try to repair things by choosing the Repair option. If that repair fails let me know and we'll work on the next steps.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jaweideman1983
    jaweideman1983 Member Posts: 1 New User

This did not work for me.

• billsey

Do you have exactly the same model with exactly the same symptoms? If not it's best to start a new thread (use the Ask A Question button) for your issue. Include the full model number, what you are seeing and what you have tried so far.