fps drop on acer predator helios 300 rtx 2060 i510H

Options
RAGExGAMING
RAGExGAMING Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops
I have acer predator helios 300 i5 10h with rtx 2060 and 16 gb ram. i am a content creator and i am recently facing a huge problem. while playing games fps drops suddenly and the go from 100 to 60 or 30. then to reset it i have to turn on turbo button and again turn it off..  it is a big pain on head to do soo..please give me a solution

Answers

• RAGExGAMING

Tinkerer

Options
    i have updated all nvdia drivers and my bios are also updted
  • RAGExGAMING

Tinkerer

Options
    @GAMING6698
    Help please
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @RAGExGAMING
    Did you check if your temperature going more than 90°C or near while gaming?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz. in addition, have you enabled graphics settings?
    Nvidia adds Windows 10 2004 GPU scheduling to GeForce drivers
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RAGExGAMING

Tinkerer

Options
    @RAGExGAMING
    Did you check if your temperature going more than 90°C or near while gaming?
    my temps go from 95 to 98
  • RAGExGAMING

Tinkerer

Options
    what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz. in addition, have you enabled graphics settings?
    Nvidia adds Windows 10 2004 GPU scheduling to GeForce drivers
    no,i havent enabled it yet. should i enable it?
  • RAGExGAMING

Tinkerer

Options
    i think it is fixed
    i enabled those graphic setting and https://youtu.be/q2muR77p8eA followed steps in this video.. thanks for your effort guys.
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @RAGExGAMING
    No, thermal throttling start when temperature goes to 89°C-90°C 
    At that time you will face huge fps drop and shuttering.
    When you face that huge fps drops at that time CPU/GPU temperature decreases a bit then after 1min again goes to 89°C-90°C then again you face fps drops(this happens randomly)

And by following that video you just turned off window Game Mode feature and recording settings, your temperature is sill high

Do you still have warranty?

• rivian
    rivian Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have your exact problem. Can anyone help me in solving this?

• GAMING6698
    Options
    @rivian
    Create your own new topic with full details and mention me in last by typing @GAMING6698

• defiant4
    defiant4 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
     @GAMING6698 and @rivian I tried the youtube fix but the issue still exists for me. No matter what game I play, for example cs go or valorant or overwatch there is drop ion fps from 250 to 60 every 1 min and I have to press turbo button  every 30 seconds while gaming to fix it. This is frustrating to be honest.
    My specs are: helios 300 i7 10h with rtx 2060 and 16 gb ram. Any fix for this???
  • FakeFire100
    FakeFire100 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options
    defiant4 said:
     @GAMING6698 and @rivian I tried the youtube fix but the issue still exists for me. No matter what game I play, for example cs go or valorant or overwatch there is drop ion fps from 250 to 60 every 1 min and I have to press turbo button  every 30 seconds while gaming to fix it. This is frustrating to be honest.
    My specs are: helios 300 i7 10h with rtx 2060 and 16 gb ram. Any fix for this???
    i was having the same issue that u have ,, just undervolt your CPU, put it 3.0Ghz
  • FakeFire100
    FakeFire100 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options
    I have acer predator helios 300 i5 10h with rtx 2060 and 16 gb ram. i am a content creator and i am recently facing a huge problem. while playing games fps drops suddenly and the go from 100 to 60 or 30. then to reset it i have to turn on turbo button and again turn it off..  it is a big pain on head to do soo..please give me a solution
    because the CPU hit high temperature; i think it goes 85 to 90 C ,so you have to undervolt the CPU 
  • Hari21
    Hari21 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    @GAMING6698
    I dont why from the past couple of days my acer predator helios 300 is behaving soo weird.
    While playing games example gta 4 or gta 5 at starting 10 min it was good but after it's fps is dropping even the laptop was plugged in and when i turn on turbo nothing happens but i turn it off it's fps was increasing. But again after 10 min it is lagging the whole scene was repeating throughout the game. I hope someone would solve my problem.
  • Hari21
    Hari21 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    @eggydiocoelho

I dont why from the past couple of days my acer predator helios 300 is behaving soo weird.
    While playing games example gta 4 or gta 5 at starting 10 min it was good but after it's fps is dropping even the laptop was plugged in and when i turn on turbo nothing happens but i turn it off it's fps was increasing. But again after 10 min it is lagging the whole scene was repeating throughout the game. I hope someone would solve my problem.
  • Shizo
    Shizo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Easy fix i found after struggling like you. Go to: system configuration → boot→turn off ACC services (most probably the first service)→restart. Voila! You are all set my friend.

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,366 Pathfinder
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Hari21

Monitor your CPU/GPU temperatures while gaming using Msi afterburner.

They may be going more than 90°C and causing thermal throttling.

• riaktz2180
    riaktz2180 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have to press turbo button every 30 seconds while gaming to fix it. Thank

Septing pumping Collinsville OK

• GAMING6698
    Options

@riaktz2180