Driver for Windows 10 integrated camera Acer Aspire E1 572G

Options
monette999
monette999 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Dear Forum, I have an oder Acer Aspire E1 572G and Windows 10 installed. I am having trouble to install the internal camera. If I open the camera app I received following error code. 0xA00F4244 -NoCameraAreAttached-

Can you help me to fix my bug.

Thanks 
Bob

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    What was the original factory installed Windows version? Win7, Win8x or Win10? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    I bought it naked and installed Windows 7 pro. 
    It was working but then never used. Than I upgraded to free Win 19.
    I do not see the camera in the device manager.
    Thanks for the support.
    Bob
  • JackE
    Options
    Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll detect and pick up new drivers that'll activate the webcam. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    Okay but do you know why in my Device Manager no camera is listed?
  • JackE
    Options
    "0xA00F4244 -NoCameraAreAttached" means Win10 and the camera app don't detect or see the camera hardware is turned on or disconnected. DeviceManager only lists software drivers for hardware that's detected by Windows system. Right click the Windows start icon in the tray. Click settings. Enter 'camera'. Make sure the camera isn't disabled system wide. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    Camera is enabled I will try your iobits.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Camera is enabled I will try your iobits. >>>

Hold on!!! If system settings actually sees the camera is on and not grayed out, then the app might be the problem. Go to kkmoom dot com slash camera.rar. Download, uncompress and install to see if it sees the camera. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    But I see no camera. How can I make my camera visible is Device Manager.
  • JackE
    Options
    Please try the recommended camera app first to see if we get the same error message or not. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    Sorry IOS Booster die not  work
  • JackE
    Options
    Did you try the camera.rar application yet??? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    Hello Jack can you explain please why I should use the camera.rar from KKMoon.

I think my Acer laptop has a problem finding Win 10 driver. I have the install cd but I have no idea where to find the win 8
    Driver.
  • JackE
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The camera is part of an older mainboard USB subsystem that may not work properly under the last few major versions of Win10. If you don't find the camera under hidden imaging device drivers in Device Manager view, it could still be a fundamental problem with the version of Win10 operating system that is currently installed. So a much earlier Win10 version may resolve the issue and later updates that are causing the issue can be temporarily blocked.

But before trying to re-install an earlier version (not a trivial task), the kkmoom software is another easy fast test to see if the camera will or won't respond. If you prefer not to try it, then I recommend that you arrange to install one of the earliest Win10 versions either through Microsoft's Win10 version downgrade options  here  or download either the 1507 version (10240 build) or 1511 version (10586 build) isos and prepare a Rufus installation USB from them. In my opinion, these two Win10 versions are the most likely builds to allow the older camera hardware to function.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    I cannot download the rar. Do I have to register?
  • JackE
    Options
    Click this.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    Do you have any other sources?
  • monette999
    Options
    Hello Jack, 
    I have downloaded a similar camera IP program and the software are detecting my camera. See channel 3 and 7. 
    What comes next Jack. 

Thank you for your support. 
    Regards

• JackE
    Options
    You must now see if the camera actually works. But you keep trying to download the camera.rar test software from the wrong link.  It is MOOM. Not MOON. Please try to click on  this link again http://kkmoom.com/camera.rar

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• monette999
    Options
    okay I have installed the camera.exe and it is cannot connect to camera.
    What alternative do we have?

Greetings
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. I now recommend that you arrange to install one of the earlier Win10  prior versions either through Microsoft's Win10 version downgrade options  at this link  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/windows#windows---general  or download either the 1507 version (10240 build) or 1511 version (10586 build) isos and prepare a Rufus installation USB from them. In my opinion, these two Win10 versions are the most likely builds to allow the older camera hardware to function with imaging software. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ