Where to find DVD driver Acer Aspire V3-572P-3287

Options
gagoatroper
gagoatroper Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am trying to find the DVD driver for Acer Aspire V3-572P-3287. When I upgraded to Windows 10 and did the latest windows update my DVD stopped working on both my laptops, they are identical. The drives are fine, but the in the device manger they show only under hidden devices. Since Acer doesn't care about legacy products they provide zero information and zero help finding a driver for the DVD that will work with Windows 10. MS support is not better. Anybody know where I can find the driver? Is it in a bios upgrade? Not interested in all the 'fixes' I've seen, just want to get a driver I can keep on my hard drive for next windows update. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    DVD drives don't use any special drivers, everything is provided by Windows. Are there any warnings or errors showing in Device Manager?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gagoatroper
    gagoatroper Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    No errors show, at first the dvd door would open with button, now you have to use a paperclip to unlock it. Here is a screenshot of the device manager with view hidden devices, otherwise the DVD won't show up. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I wonder if the power isn't going to it. That would explain both the no eject and the hidden device. Time to pull the ODD and reinsert it. Here's the screw that needs to be removed in order to slide the ODD out.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.