Aspire M1200: Bios Question

Options
Muppet
Muppet Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone, I have an Acer aspire m1200, i have bios upgrade issue which from what i have read is a common problem. I have just upgraded it to the latest one and i am getting a checksum error, which i know is not an problem u just have to press the f2 and it loads up as normal no issue at all. What i failed to do was backup the original one, (r02?) and cannot find it on the website, does anyone have the file please? Thank you

Best Answer

• Muppet
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well for anyone looking for this bios i have found it after a long day searching.... It is R03-B1

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    A checksum error is typically caused by the CMOS battery not holding the data when the system is powered off. Try replacing that battery, then enter BIOS and do F9 to reset and F10 to save.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Muppet
    Options
    I have tried both and even reflashed the bios, i do notice however that the windows flash program comes up with an error after it has completed but it has flashed... Thank you
  • Muppet
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well for anyone looking for this bios i have found it after a long day searching.... It is R03-B1