Black bars when running videos CX13 chromebox

drt1951
drt1951 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just got the CX13 chromebox to replace an older ASUS chromebox and it is fine except when I run a video on a 720p TV (the one I use most).  I get black bars on the sides because the video is squeezed.  (People and things then look thinner than normal.) Web pages fill the screen as they should, it is only videos that do this.  The chromebox does work correctly on a 1080p monitor and a 1080p TV.  The older ASUS chromebox handles videos correctly.  I’d appreciate suggestions on how to fix this.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Which model do you have? It should be something like CXI3-xxxx.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • drt1951
    drt1951 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It is a CX13-UA91.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Thanks, your Chromebox comes with the Celeron processor, so uses Intel HD 610 graphics. It should handle 720P on the HDMI port without any issues, other than perhaps the overscan that a TV usually has set by default. That wouldn't affect the aspect ratio, but it's possible the TV is scrunching it up to allow a display that doesn't overlap the sides. Do you have another system you could test the TV with using a 720P video?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.