Touchpad freezing if multiple keys are pressed while gaming Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-76UV

matibru
matibru Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys, I just bought an Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-76UV running Windows 10 Pro edition, and I'm having problems with the trackpad already.

When I am in the middle of a game, if I move with wasd and at the same time look around with the trackpad, it stops responding for a few seconds. The problem seems to be arbitrary as it happens about 80% of the time.
This problem only happens when I am inside a game. I have tested it in Windows, leaving several keys pressed while moving the cursor with the trackpad, and the problem never appears. So I don't know.
It is quite annoying because I would like to have the possibility to play games without the need to connect an external mouse (with an external mouse this problem does not happen).
The problem happens in all the games I have installed and tested so far: GTAV, Far Cry Primal, and The Long Dark.
Any hint about this problem?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you put the touchpad's sensitivity in MOST SENSITIVITY? Can you also check the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Increase touchpad sensitivity:
    Hardware  Drivers Adjust Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10 Windows 10  Forums
    Change the keyboard properties:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • matibru

Tinkerer

Increase touchpad sensitivity:
    Hardware  Drivers Adjust Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10 Windows 10  Forums
    Change the keyboard properties:

This didn't solve my problem. The touchpad sensitivity was already on medium by default and the character repeat delay doesn't solve the problem either.
    It's impossible to press W + D + touchpad on a gaming laptop, so there's no way to play first-person games. Moving and looking at the same time is impossible due to this problem. WTF! It's a f.... gaming laptop guys, this is the first thing you need to test before selling it! Can't believe this is happening.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you put the touchpad's sensitivity in MOST SENSITIVITY? Can you also check the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• matibru

Tinkerer

the touchpad's sensitivity in MOST SENSITIVITY solved the problem! thanks!
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer