Monitor shows "Input not supported" Acer monitor P193W

Options
LottaD
LottaD Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2020 in Monitors
I'm trying to connect my Acer monitor P193W to a Dell laptop. When switched on the monitor shows "input not supported", I'm not able to reach the settings. Does anyone have a solution?

Best Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @LottaD

May be you just can try to connect it with a different cable. Or you just can try to connect it with a Display Port cable.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What Dell laptop, which port on the laptop, is there any adapter in use or just a cable? VGA or DVI on the monitor side?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @LottaD

May be you just can try to connect it with a different cable. Or you just can try to connect it with a Display Port cable.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What Dell laptop, which port on the laptop, is there any adapter in use or just a cable? VGA or DVI on the monitor side?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LottaD
    LottaD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The adapter did suddenly not work. I've bought a new one. Thank you for your answers, they were helpful.
    '
  • Sinakho
    Sinakho Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi. I'm having the same issue. Only my laptop is also an ACER (Aspire A114-32). I'm using a VGA cable (brand new) from the monitor and an HDMI adapter for the laptop VGA to HDMI. The adapter is also brand new bought both cables today. The Acer monitor is model number is V193HQV. PLEASE HELP. I'm at my wits' end trying all the solutions on youtube. 
  • billsey
    Options
    @Sinakho can you show us a link to the adapter you have? HDMI to VGA and VGA to HDMI are different...
  • Sinakho
    Options
  • billsey
    edited December 2020
    Options
    That looks like it's the right one. You plug the HDMI cable from the adapter into your laptop and then the VGA cable from your monitor to the port on the adapter. The audio connection is optional. I'm betting the adapter is telling the laptop that it supports 1920x1080 and so the laptop is trying to use that resolution. The monitor itself only supports 1366x768 though, so you get the input not supported error. Go into Display Settings and change the resolution for the monitor down to match what it supports and it should start working.
  • Sinakho
    Options
    @billsey THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was actually 1360x768 but that WORKED! I can't believe it was that simple. YT had me doin safe mode and msconfig etc (eyeroll).You're a lifesaver.
  • billsey
    Options
    No problem, glad I could help.
  • Rahul360
    Rahul360 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hi @billsey i need your help i have the same problem input not supported i changed the resolutions still not working 
  • billsey
    Options
    @Rahul360 rather than camp out on this old thread, let's start a new one for your issue. Include the full model number of the monitor, what you have it connected to and when the issue shows up. If it's only during POST it's likely just not getting rescaled, if it's all the time it's more likely the cable.