USI Pen compatibility for Acer Chromebook Spin 713 (CP713-2W)

Options
DanjoTheBanjo
DanjoTheBanjo Member Posts: 4 New User
Do anyone know if this new USI pen by Broonel will work with my Acer Spin Chromebook 713?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Broonel-Silver-Rechargeable-USI-Stylus/dp/B08KWGHQQ3

I'm currently using a cheap active stylus but it's not very good, and I have to use the eraser ed to get consistent, unbroken lines.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The CP713-2W is a capacitive touch screen device. Active styluses don't usually work with them, you need capacitive pens, which usually have the blunt tips.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DanjoTheBanjo
    DanjoTheBanjo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Would a USI pen not work at all on the CP713-2W then?
  • tntmom
    tntmom Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I am using the Iplume USI stylus, it works great. Palm rejection does work when the tip is connected to the screen. so it takes a little getting used to. Lift the tip off the screen,  and palm movement will make a line.  I have only done a basic test of the pressure levels on a basic drawing app.  It does give a darker line with more pressure.  Note, the Iplume stylus does have buttons, but they do not work on the current Chrome OS version.  This issue is noted on the description for the pen on Amazon.  Hopefully future updates will enable the buttons. 
  • ConkRU2
    ConkRU2 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    @tntmom Thanks I just bought the Iplume USI Stylus off of Amazon and it works great.