Acer Aspire 3 A315-53 Keyboard not working

Prasahbad
Prasahbad Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Acer has this problem many a times. All of  sudden my laptop keyboard is not working. Trying all options online to resolve the issue but of no use. Can someone help me how can i resolve the issue? Except power button and mouse rest nothing is working. Please help ASAP. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    You must remove the HDD and RAM doors and 17 screws on the bottom case to re-seat the keyboard connector to the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Prasahbad
    JackE said:
    You must remove the HDD and RAM doors and 17 screws on the bottom case to re-seat the keyboard connector to the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Hi jack, I did open all the screws as you mentioned but however i really didn't understand which one is that JKB1. I did saw one thin blue ribbon which i removed and replaced it back but that didnt solve the problem.

• Prasahbad
    Piter said:
    There are a few things you should try out. The first one is to update your keyboard driver. Open Device manager on your Windows laptop, find the Keyboards option, expand the list, and right-click Standard PS/2 Keyboard, followed by Update driver. ... If it's not, the next step is to delete and reinstall the driver.

Also make sure check out these methods:
    https://www.minitool.com/news/laptop-keyboard-not-working-004.html
    Thanks for the help. I did try the options you said Piter, but it didnt resolve the issue.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    >>>i really didn't understand which one is that JKB1. >>>

For reference, locate the sodimm RAM socket on the mainboard.  There is a small ribbon connector for the touchpad just  below the left side of the RAM socket. Further left is a small keyboard backlight connector. Further left is a big wide keyboard connector. This is the connector you should repeatedly reseat to help clean its conductors.  Try re-seating (pull it our, then push it back in)  a half-dozen or more times to help remove any corrosion or dirt on its contacts. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ