My Aspire 5 does not recognize my wired headphones when plugged in?

SiddB
SiddB Member Posts: 2 New User
I am using wired headphones that came with my samsung galaxy s10. Never had any issues with them on other devices.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Headphones or headset? Only a 3.5mm PC headset or OMTP/Nokia trrs headset plug will work properly with the A5 headset jack. Some headphone work. Some don't. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SiddB
    SiddB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks, Jack - they're wired headsets. I tried connecting my Marshall Mid ANC headphones to the computer today and they work fine. The Marshalls have dual connectivity (bluetooth and wired 3.5mm). I have always used these headsets via Bluetooth but attempted the wired setup and it works fine. But, for some reason, now the Bluetooth is acting weird as well. The PC doesn't give me an option to turn bluetooth on/off. Checked and installed latest software updates, issue still persists. I ran the bluetooth troubleshooter and the troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth capabilities" smh ...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>>Marshall Mid ANC headphones>>> have always used these headsets via Bluetooth but attempted the wired setup and it works fine.>>>

Now I'm confused. Are the ANCs headphones or headsets? And do they work OK wired (plugged in) or not? I thought wired was the issue not bluetooth? Or are both wired and bluetooth issues now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rabitech
    rabitech Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think there is some damaged wire because when you bend the wire of headsets. The result is broken. You buy the Bluetooth headset to away from the damage.
  • Viiontech
    Viiontech Member Posts: 1 New User
    There's likewise a possibility the issue isn't with the jack or the earphones you're utilizing however has to do with the sound settings of the gadget. ... Simply open up the sound settings on your gadget and check the volume level just as whatever other settings that may quiet the sound. Digital Marketing