ACER nitro 5 High pitch sound (high frequency) When earphones plugged nitro5 n515-55 i7

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    My bold typeface emphasis is because the phones that you're trying to use all seem to have the built-in mic hardware. The >>>phones without the mic doesn't make this sound>>>. This is your own statement. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    Akagami029 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Finally found a working solution...
    Disabling the nVIDIA high definition audio finally solved it.
    You can also have Acer Care Center or any app running on nVidia GPU (Most recommend discord).
  • RafaelVD
    RafaelVD Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Im disabling the gpu on my devices to stop this from happening when Im not using the gpu. I really wanna know if its a software problem or a hardware problem, like a bad project. Disabling the nvidia high definition audio didn't work for me. I have the i5 version, btw. 
  • Akagami029
    Options
    Disable nvidia hd audio and then restart. @RafaelVD

Btw this solution causes battery to run less than 2 hours :anguished:
  • RafaelVD
    RafaelVD Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Disable nvidia hd audio and then restart. @RafaelVD

Btw this solution causes battery to run less than 2 hours :anguished:
    It worked, thx. But which solution causes battery decrease so fast? Disabling the gpu or nvidia audio? Will I need nvidia audio actived in any moment?
  • Akagami029
    Options
    I was talking about disabling nvidia audio when i said it would consume more battery. I haven't tried disabling the gpu. I recommend trying many solutions to find what works best for you. Right now, I am making do with wireless headphones.

Nvidia audio is for hdmi connection. Unless you use hdmi, it's not that necessary. Btw, using hdmi also makes the pitching sound stop.
  • FloatCaster
    FloatCaster Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a Nitro 5 AN515-55-59MT and the same problem happens when audio is playing. Deactivating NVIDIA High Definition Audio in device manager solves the high pitched noise, but it makes games crash. Plugging in the charger or another monitor via HDMI kills the noise.
    I tried using two live USB with linux, Mint 20.1 and Manjaro. On Mint the noise is even louder and it's present even with the charger plugged in. However,  on Manjaro, there is no noise with or without charger.
    I'm not completely sure it is a driver problem. It could be faulty hardware and some drivers could be better at overcoming this issue. I'd like to be sure, since my laptop is still under warranty.
  • PhatLe
    PhatLe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Go to "Device Manager" to disable NVIDIA Graphics Card on "Display Adapters", the high pitch sound disappears immediately.
  • PhatLe
    PhatLe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Set Global Settings in nvidia control panel as high performance nvdia gpu can take effects
  • esskei
    esskei Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    How about in Linux MInt 20?  I have a two SSD Acer AN517-52-52T3.  In the BIOS I changed to ACHI from Optain.  Reinstalled Win10 from a recovery flashdrive.  Installed Linux Mint 20 from a flashdrive.  Win10 works without high pitched noise.   But Linux is making a high pitched noise.  How can I get rid of it?
  • JackE
    Options

Welcome to the linuxmint forums. Please register and post your dual boot audio results and issues on one of  these  forums. They are usually very helpful in resolving problems like this.

Jack E/NJ

• BogdanX904
    BogdanX904 Member Posts: 51 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Same issue. Very sudden. Using headphones (not a headset, so it has no microphone). Disabled laptop mic in sound settings. Tried having the dedicated GPU in use. Doesn't work. High pitched constant noise. I tried it with a spare set of earbuds and it didn't happen, guessing because they were lower power so it was unnoticeable. Quieter when the laptop isn't plugged in but gone.
  • Goo
    Goo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same issue, the noise only disappear when the Nvidia GeForce is running, all drivers are up to date and my headset works well on phone too. 
  • JackE
    Options
    This thread is nearly a year old with suggested fixes by a number of users. If your issue remains after trying the earlier solutions, the click the ask a question button to start your own new thread.

Jack E/NJ

• DivijM_2200
    DivijM_2200 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    My laptop makes the same buzzing noise with both, over-ear headphones and in-ear headphones. When I change the performance mode from balanced to , high-performance, the noise become less loud and more high-pitched, which is more bearable. I tried changing the frequency, disabled it's mic and tried other audio-devices and the problem was still there. I even tried rebooting the laptop. The buzzing noise goes when the Nvidia GPU is in use(as mentioned above) when playing games. The problem is with the laptop. This laptop has given me a lot of trouble over the span of one year since I bought it, sometimes the keyboard; the screen bleeding issues; loose screws inside; and now the audio. I swear to God, I am not gonna buy any Acer product in the future.
  • tonnydoforro
    tonnydoforro Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Alguém achou a solução?
  • mohpfd96
    mohpfd96 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

I tried every single solution

And find out that there is a driver or app called realtek console which cause this

And just uninstall it and problem will be gone forver!