ACER nitro 5 High pitch sound (high frequency) When earphones plugged nitro5 n515-55 i7

Martin5599
Martin5599 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hi!
I have the new ACER nitro5 n515-55 i7-10th gen iwth GTX1650 Ti. I am having problem hearing very high frequency noise when i plug in my earphones. 
I tried to reinstall audio drivers, changing frequency in settings etc. ... I found out, that when i put the pluged earphones on ''mute'' the frequency stops. So that is why i think there is the problem with the windwos or sth. like that, because if this was hardware problem the sound would be heard anyways mutted or not mutted when pluged. 
The high pitched sound stops in my earphones also when I connect second monitor via HDMi port... 
Is there anyone who can explain those problems...?? The laptop is about 1 month old... And everything was working perfectly with no problems, and than out sudden when i uploaded new audio drivers... i changed them back after....  since then i have the problems.. 
Also; the sound is only in earphones, if i am using my headset everything is fine with no high freq. noise... I tried 3 different earphones and everytime same problems...

Sometimes the beeping stops after a while and sometimes comes back... thanks for asnwers  
Appreciate all kind of help 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    >>> changing frequency in settings etc. .>>>

If you haven't done so already, try changing and leaving your advanced sound settings to CD quality instead of studio quality to see if it at least  reduces the noise. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Hikari20
    Hikari20 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I'm also having this problem, my model is AN515-43 an all AMD one and it's around 8 months old. For some reason when I plugged in my Headset, I immediately hear those high-pitched noises. I've tried changing my audio quality from CD to DVD to Studio Quality, none of them reduced the noises, I even tried turning off Audio Enhancement and it still doesn't fix it. At this point, I'm not even sure if it's the laptop's issue or it's the headset's issue.
  • JackE
    Changing to studio from CD quality usually makes the situation worse. If your using the headset instead of a headphone for listening, I suggest either disabling its mic or reducing mic volume to help eliminate high-frequency feedback loops. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Martin5599
    Martin5599 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks guys. Cahanging frequency chganges the pitch sound... When i plug second monitor with HDMi the pitch stopes completely. 
    I am using wireless headset now so there is no pitch, that is the only solution for now (and to use 2 monitors)... 
  • JackE
    Martin5599>>>When i plug second monitor with HDMi the pitch stopes completely. >>>

Thanks for the report on your fix. Now your next task is to explain why it works in 10 words or less.  =)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    Akagami029 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Hi, I have the same problem with Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-79CU model. Has anyone found the fix yet?
  • JackE
    Yes, read the earlier posts in this thread. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    Changing frequency does reduce the sound, but it's still there.
    I use my laptop without external monitor or wireless headphones. So, I'm looking for a permanent fix.
    TIA.
  • JackE
    If you're using a headset, try disabling the mic. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    Tried it. Doesn't work.
  • JackE
    edited December 2020
    Try a set of headphones instead to see if the high frequency beat  disappears or changes frequency. This seems like a mic feedback issue either with the headset mic or the internal mic. Eliminate at least one of the mic hardware --- the headset.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    The earphone has a built in mic actually. But when I used an actual headset, the pitching sound was gone.
    I'm going to try updating windows to see if it works.
  • JackE
    edited December 2020
    An earphone or a headphone with a built-in hardware mic is actually defined as a headset. Headsets always have feedback potential even if their mic is turned off via software. A true earphone, earbud, or headphone has no mic hardware whatsoever, thus eliminating its own feedback potential. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    What I've found recently is that the sound disappears completely when the nvidia gpu is in use. It also comes and goes depending on when music or any other sound is playing. So it's probably not an issue with mic (which I've tried muting). 
    Tried updating windows to the latest version, doesn't solve the issue either :anguished:
    Appreciate your input btw.
  • JackE
    >>>I've tried muting>>>

Muting mic hardware is not  the same  as no mic hardware.   =)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    Okay. So how do I make this go away?
  • JackE
    edited December 2020
    Try headphones, earphones or earbuds with NO built-in mic hardware and DISABLING the laptop's mic hardware in sound settings. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    Over ear headphones with or without mic doesn't make this sound.
    In ear headphones (earphones) make this sound with mic. (I don't have access to one without.)
  • JackE
    >>>Over ear headphones with or without mic doesn't make this sound.>>>In ear headphones (earphones) make this sound with mic. (I don't have access to one without.)

Then  it's your ear headphones with the mic that are causing the feedback problem, NOT THE LAPTOP!!!!!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akagami029
    Thanks for the profound statement. 

I tested two earphones with laptop, both had the noise problem.
    Again, none of them had problem when using with a phone. So I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Many people have had this issue, and there are quite a few threads talking about this problem. Many haven't found solutions for months. Writing comments in bold doesn't make them correct.