New Predator Helios 300 Keeps losing internet connection

voidgremlin
voidgremlin Member Posts: 4 New User
I recently got the Predator Helios and for some reason every 10 or so minutes I keep losing connection. I have been trying to download a steam game and I have to disconnect and reconnect just to keep it going. At fist I thought it was steam but I can't access other sites either. This is my first Real laptop so I am pretty lost. Any Ideas?

Answers

• I recently got the Predator Helios and for some reason every 10 or so minutes I keep losing connection. I have been trying to download a steam game and I have to disconnect and reconnect just to keep it going. At fist I thought it was steam but I can't access other sites either. This is my first Real laptop so I am pretty lost. Any Ideas?

First, what internet connection are you using? Is it WiFi or Ethernet? If its WiFi then go to “Device Manager > Network adapters > and uninstall your Wireless adaptor and reboot, after reboot press the F3 key or the Fn+F3 keys and see if the WiFi/BT is activated and try that first. 

If this doesn’t work then uninstall the WiFi/BT drivers completely and get the newest driver from the Acer Support site here: (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers?utm_source=community&utm_medium=sidesideicons&utm_campaign=assistancebyacer) for your Predator Helios 300 and reinstall it and do the same as above again, try all that as this seems like a driver problem as hardware problems with WiFi/BT cards is very rare and unusual.

• voidgremlin
    voidgremlin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you for the Help, I am on Wifi and after I rebooted the adaptor I am about 10 minutes without a shutdown. Hope this works, thank you so much for the help. I will send another reply if This or getting new drivers does not fix the issue.
  • Thank you for the Help, I am on Wifi and after I rebooted the adaptor I am about 10 minutes without a shutdown. Hope this works, thank you so much for the help. I will send another reply if This or getting new drivers does not fix the issue.

Good glad to help, as the uninstall/reboot should fix your problems and as I’ve said it’s a software problem that you had that needed fixing.

• NatetheGreat
    NatetheGreat Member Posts: 1 New User

I just got my Predator laptop a little over a week ago. I am having similar issues. Playing my Steam games isn't as badly affected, as I only experience issues when updating games. The download speed throttles down to Kb or bits per second or drops altogether / disconnects. Once my games are updated, I rarely experience any interruption to gameplay.

The real issue comes when playing Ascension / WoW. Sometimes I am able to stay logged in for 15-30 minutes, but most often I can barely get logged in before I am disconnected again. This can go on for an extended time. I have checked the bug tracker and issues log for the game and cannot find anyone else experiencing this issue. I have also checked my router through my ISP's utility app and no problems are identified. The issue HAS to be with the laptop. My old laptop did not have these issues. Also, I should mention that my Xbox NEVER has connectivity issues.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as advised above with absolutely NO CHANGE in this behavior. Beginning to wonder if I purchased a $1400 brick...