Terrrible battery life and high idle power consumption on my Predator Helios 300 (2020) PH315-53

Options
rhnjkhr
rhnjkhr Member Posts: 1 New User
Since the past few days I've been experiencing that my laptop battery doesn't last more than two hours. using monitoring software like hwinfo64 I found that the CPU is consuming around 10-15 watts even at idle which leads to high system power consumption(upto 30W at times). This issue appeared out of nowhere. Battery wear is not an issue as the laptop is only a month old.
Please Help!

Answers

• Danny369
    Danny369 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same problem but am only getting a little over an hour with battery saver on, where as a few days ago I was getting around 3 and a half hours with battery saver on. I first uninstalled the windows update, nothing. Windows updated the Bios the same time this started happening, so I found a way to roll back the BIOS, still nothing. I bought an new RG350 handheld video game from China that I plugged into my laptop the time this started happening. I've tried everything, Dism, SFC scan, undervolting the CPU, I'm stumped. My last thought is that the RG350 had a virus in it when I plugged it into my laptop. The laptop is 6 months old, I'm sure the warrenty is void because I installed 2 more ssd's. If anybody has any idea's please let me know. 
  • tippesi
    tippesi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem, although my CPU package consumes only 6-10 watts on idle still, the whole laptop consumes about 30 watts. Nothing plugged in, screen turned off, keyboard backlight turned off, Windows power saver turned on. The only thing I did was installing a second SSD. Maybe I will try to remove it again and/or reinstall Windows.