I would like to upgrade my system ram etc - can you advise what is possible ? Aspire T3-710

BillHobbs
BillHobbs Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Aspire T3-710
i7-6700 @ 3.40GHZ 3.41 GHZ4
Ram: 12.0GB
64-bit, x64-bit processor
serial number DTB1HAA008

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @BillHobbs
    You may want to visit this site:
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/
    Using your PC to run a test, and see what kind of hardware that can be used for upgrade from that site.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You are maxed with the CPU, there is room to improve the ram, up to 32GB using two 16GB sticks. Does your system have an SSD or just a HDD? Your motherboard has an M.2 slot that you can use for a SATA 3.0 SSD and moving the boot and OS to that would be a significant improvement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BillHobbs
    BillHobbs Member Posts: 5 New User
    Believe it is just a HDD - 2 questions 1) is it fairly easy to install a SSD and move over the Boot and OS ? and 2) what kind of ram would I purhase ?  - Appreciate the time and help
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @BillHobbs
    You may want to Create a System Image from Win 10. After installing the SSD, restore the system image to this new SSD, then you should see a significant improve in performance. 
    Can you see the RAM available from userbenchmark.com?
    Personally, I do not want to max out my PC's memory. My memory usage never exceed 7 GB, having 16 GB now is more than enough.
    From Task Manager of Win 10, open the Performance tab and you can see the current memory usage. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Many of the SSDs come with cloning software and there are lots of cloning apps that are free as well. That's often easier than doing a backup/restore especially if you don't have a backup drive already. The T3-710 uses 1600 MT/s DDR3L memory, the L is important since it's lower voltage than just plain DDR3.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.