Graphics Card Upgrade Issue with Aspire tc-895-ua91

ahfonj
ahfonj Member Posts: 2 New User
I was trying to install a Geforce GT 730 GPU to a recently purchased Aspire tc-895-ua91. However, it seems to be not compatible. I can hear a beep warning when power on the desktop and it does not have any output. I am wondering if anyone has ever successfully upgrade a GPU for tc-895-ua91. I called the Acer custom support and they even don't know what GPU is compatible for this desktop.  Many thanks, everyone.

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The Aspire TC-895 has a typical PCIe x16 slot. The GT 730 doesn't have a big power draw, so the stock PSU should be plenty big enough. The GPU though is only an x8, not x16 yet that also shouldn't make a difference. Are you sure the card is good? The GT 730 is pretty old...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Ahfonj
    Even if the GT 730 works, you will see a degrade in performance. The Intel UHD 630 onboard graphics has performance close to doubling to that of the GT 730.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The Aspire TC-895 has a typical PCIe x16 slot. The GT 730 doesn't have a big power draw, so the stock PSU should be plenty big enough. The GPU though is only an x8, not x16 yet that also shouldn't make a difference. Are you sure the card is good? The GT 730 is pretty old...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ahfonj
    ahfonj Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Thank you very much, billsey. Yes, it is pretty old GPU... Actually, I bought this Aspire desktop to replace my old dell optiplex 780 desktop which I upgraded with the gt 730. The GT 730 card actually works fine with the old Dell desktop. I bought the Aspire last week and moved the gpu card from the old desktop to this new one. However, it did not output any signal. I can see that fan of the GPU is actually running, so perhaps the power supply is not an issue. 

If it really does not work, I will just buy a new GPU card instead as GT 730 is too old. I am wondering if there is any GPU card that is compatible and does not require additional power supply. 

Thanks again.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Ahfonj
    Even if the GT 730 works, you will see a degrade in performance. The Intel UHD 630 onboard graphics has performance close to doubling to that of the GT 730.
  • Damagedgoods2008
    Damagedgoods2008 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

The main problem is getting enough power to the graphics card to make it work, the slot is fine and there is quite a bit of space in the case as well