tried 3 different brands of CPU cooler and none of their fans could be controlled with the TC-895???

CornChowderCornChowder Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
 tried 3 different brands of CPU cooler and none of their fans could be controlled with the TC-895???  the fans booted up fine, but by the time Windows desktop appeared, the fans all went to a complete stop...   (which led to the TC-895 shutting down due to overheating???)

they were Noctua, Scythe and Arctic.... all the fans on the CPU coolers were marked as PWM.   I couldn't really find any useful info... except on Noctua's website saying something about certain motherboards with 4-pin CPU fan connectors don't really operate with PWN.   

I ended up taking the stock i5-10400 Intel CPU cooler's fan off and used zip tie to attach it to the Scythe CPU heatsink...  strangely, the cooler that came on top of the i5-10400 CPU was made by Cooler Master and also has 4-pin PWN, according to their website....   it works, but looks terrible.   I will probably end up returning all 3 CPU coolers later this week. 

Can anyone tell me what CPU cooler/fan(PWM) will work with TC-895's 4-pin CPU FAN connector?

Thanks! :)

FAQ & Answers

• kqian111kqian111 Member Posts: 36 Troubleshooter
    Strange as I've tried different 4 pin fans in the CPU fan connector and it works fine. I have Be Quiet Pure Wings 2. Even some no name fan off ebay works fine plugged into that connector.
  • CornChowderCornChowder Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    kqian111 said:
    Strange as I've tried different 4 pin fans in the CPU fan connector and it works fine. I have Be Quiet Pure Wings 2. Even some no name fan off ebay works fine plugged into that connector.
    is the Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 a PWM fan?

Thanks for your help! :)
    kqian111 said:
    is the Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 a PWM fan?

Thanks for your help! :)
    Yes it's 4 pin pwm
    kqian111 said:

Yes it's 4 pin pwm
    Thanks!  Was it the 80mm or 92mm?  I'll give that a try! :)
    depends on your cooler. I got the 92mm one to go with the CPU tower cooler I got.
    kqian111 said:
    depends on your cooler. I got the 92mm one to go with the CPU tower cooler I got.

Thanks! :)
  • Damagedgoods2008Damagedgoods2008 Member Posts: 9 New User
    for proper fan control you usually require a 4pin connector on the fan that you are connecting, a lot of the cheaper coolers use a 3 pin connector