Display Going Wonky (Acer R240HY)

JuicyMass
JuicyMass Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
Been using this monitor for about 10 months.  Used 5 days a week, approx 8 hrs a day for standard work from home computer use.  Worked fine until yesterday when (no power interruptions) it flickered, came back on and the screen is flickering between pixilated stretched white, and then a distorted screen with a perfect line at the top, where everything above that line is normal, below is not normal.  I tried the monitor on two different laptops, one windows and one MAC, both using HDMI direct, HDMI to USBC different HDMI cables, and serial port to USBC.  Same identical visual display.  Can't access the TV Menu settings on the monitor as they are skewed on the portion of the screen that is not happy.  See pics (video if it works)

Regular viewing images:

Now monitor blinks between this white static. Holds for about 3 seconds, and then goes back and forth

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,651 Trailblazer
    Since you have tested on multiple systems it's unlikely to be a loose cable. Have you tried a power reset? Disconnect everything from the monitor, including power, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so. Wait a few minutes to allow everything to bleed off and reconnect everything. Sometimes that helps if it's just confused. If it doesn't help you are likely looking at an actual hardware failure. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JuicyMass
    JuicyMass Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2020
    Yep, tried that already as well.  Still the same result.

Is this covered under warranty replacement?  I no longer have the original box.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,651 Trailblazer
    Yeah, if you are still in warranty you shouldn't have any problem. Just contact Acer support for your locale and they should get you fixed up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.