Acer Nitro VG240Y randomly falls asleep while applications are in fullscreen

rotaluclac
rotaluclac Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives

Hello acer community,

Recently I've been having some trouble with my monitor (Acer Nitro VG240Y, 23.8in, 1920x1080). Whenever I have something in fullscreen mode, like fullscreen movie streams or video games, the monitor goes to sleep every so often. I know that my PC is still on and the application is still running (aka, the movie is playing/the game is still going on), but the monitor goes to sleep WHILE they are running. I know it's not a problem with lack of input either, as, again, it happens while I'm playing video games. I have to shake my mouse violently to get it out of sleep. While this doesn't happen super often, it is, as you can imagine, incredibly frustrating. This issue does not occur during normal PC use in tasks such as web browsing.

I've tried a lot of troubleshooting methods, including checking the HDMI connection from my monitor to my PC, updating my graphics card firmware (MSI Radeon RX 5700 Evoke 8GB), updating Radeon Software, and modifying the power options so the display and PC shouldn't fall asleep, but none have worked. I would appreciate any ideas in repairing this issue. Thank you!

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, build 19042.630