RAM Bios

GogoHimself
GogoHimself Member Posts: 1 New User
I cant access my bios when i start up my pc so i do it from the windows settings
So when i do this and open my bios i cant make my ram to work on faster speed i bought 16 ram (8x2) 2666mhz but when i open my task manager it says its on 2133mhz 
There is no option to change ram speed on bios my pc is Predator Orion 3000 (PO3-600) 
If anyone knows something please help me

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    That is correct, the ram speed is set by the chipset and your systems chipset supports 2133MHz. Faster memory will still run at the chipset speed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Frenzy4
    Frenzy4 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited November 2020
    billsey said:
    That is correct, the ram speed is set by the chipset and your systems chipset supports 2133MHz. Faster memory will still run at the chipset speed.

all orion predator PC's come with an 8th gen intel CPU at the minimum, which supports 2666mhz. I don't see where you are getting that his chipset supports 2133mhz without even knowing which chipset he has??? Are you simply trying to get your post count up or actually helping?

I cant access my bios when i start up my pc so i do it from the windows settings
    So when i do this and open my bios i cant make my ram to work on faster speed i bought 16 ram (8x2) 2666mhz but when i open my task manager it says its on 2133mhz 
    There is no option to change ram speed on bios my pc is Predator Orion 3000 (PO3-600) 

When you replaced your ram, what was the speed of the RAM sticks inside? Do you remember seeing your ram speeds when you first got your pc?
    You can also look up where you bought your pc and see what ram speeds were specified, which should be 2666mhz.

Something is off I would assume, because 2666mhz ram should be plug and play with no settings needed to be changed. What cpu do you have?
  • billsey
    The memory will run at the speed the chipset supports. Maybe he's seeing 1333MHz with dual channel, so 2666MHz in total
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,928 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020

Show us a caption of CPUz ‘Memory” and ”SPD” and Task Manager > Performance > Memory so we can see exactly what your RAM is doing and what you have? Are you sure that both sticks are at DDR4-2666MHz speed and you didn’t mix one stick of DDR4-2400MHz with one stick of DDR4-2666MHz RAM? As that could cause the drop in speed.

• xthedeku
    xthedeku Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Frenzy4 said:
    billsey said:

all orion predator PC's come with an 8th gen intel CPU at the minimum, which supports 2666mhz. I don't see where you are getting that his chipset supports 2133mhz without even knowing which chipset he has??? Are you simply trying to get your post count up or actually helping?

When you replaced your ram, what was the speed of the RAM sticks inside? Do you remember seeing your ram speeds when you first got your pc?
    You can also look up where you bought your pc and see what ram speeds were specified, which should be 2666mhz.

Something is off I would assume, because 2666mhz ram should be plug and play with no settings needed to be changed. What cpu do you have?
    hello I have the same problem! my pc is 

acer predator orion 3000 po3-620

I've installed a new Memory ram ( 16gb led 2x8gb corsair vengeance 3200 mhz) on my pc
    And sadly the speed is decreased to 2133
    Why? How can I fix this, I don't mix the old ram with the new 
    I removed the older witch their speed is 2933 from Adata
  • billsey
    The memory you bought isn't 3200MHz except when overclocked using the XMP profile. Your computer doesn't support XMP. return the memory and purchase real 2666MHz instead. The XMP memory is actually 2133MHz when not overclocked.