Acer predator ph315-2 won't charge

AviT
AviT Member Posts: 6 New User
My laptop is 14 months old, out of warranty. It is Predator Helios 300 2019 model. My laptop turned off suddenly while power was there and battery charged at 40%. Then, next time I could turn it on, battery was ar 0% and it wasn't increasing. Initially it shows the animation of charging battery. Also, acer care center (software) reported battery condition as good. 

I went for repair at 2 places. One of them checked with substituting several ICs but couldn't identify the problem. But he didn't find alternative battery so couldn't check if replacing battery will work. Can anyone help me out with where the issue is. Also, should I buy a battery to check if issue resolves on replacement? 

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @AviT

Try to disconnect the laptop from the charger and press and hold down the power button for 30 to 40 secs and check with it like whether it turns on or not.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • AviT
    Sorry for late reply. Tried all that troubleshooting. It didn't help. Went to service center. Even they couldn't understand the problem. Went to independent repair person who checked several chips but couldn't figure out. More effort: Battery was found bad. 

But, even with bad battery, the orange light (battery power in use) would blink even after shutting down. Now with new battery, I charged for 5 minutes in off condition and stopped just to check same. The indicator is ON even without power supply unless cable is removed. I guess some short circuit and battery draining happening. Will contact service center again before charging (breaking in)  new battery.... 
  • AviT
    And not even repair guys can identify where short circuit is. Acer should not call their stores as service centers, because all they can do is replace motherboard, battery, install ssd, etc. They can't even figure out where the problem is! Just replace motherboard and battery for any problem. That anyone with little training can do.