My Cpu Temperature went to 99 degrees Maxx in Predator Sense

CleavAliveCleavAlive Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast
Is this bad? I throttle non stop playing video games on low settings and 
iv been throttling by just playing Oldschool Runescape that thing is light af!

anyone can help?

FAQ & Answers

• CleavAliveCleavAlive Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast
    edited November 21
    It happened 3 times + this week that by playing oldschool runescape sometimes my mouse would just start the move in slow motion for like 3-4 seconds
    edited November 21
    Also I just received the laptop from repair as it was doing bsod they changed motherboard so i dont think it could be thermal paste.. ( still doing bsod lol)

Ok since i got literally no answers I downloaded QuickCPU and turned turbo Boost off will this help me?
    was this the solution?
    so now my cpu is clocked t 2,20 ghz instead of like 3,94 ghz in task manager is it worth doing this?
    why is nobody answering
  • busu3busu3 Member Posts: 318 Skilled Practitioner
    Try undervolting.
    If it doesnt solve the issue:
    1.If u r under warranty:
    Give it to acer they will clean it and reapply thermal paste. U should see a big difference
    2. If not then open it by urself then clean everything and apply high end paste like kryonaut. This option is best since if u know how u should apply the paste it would drastically improve outcomes. It could also be just dust which has completely clogged vents.

U can disable turbo boost temporarily but in the long run u r not getting performance u paid for.... So its always better to address the root cause.
    All the best!
    edited November 25
    I dont know how to open the laptop and I just received it from a repair two weeks ago where they changed the motherboard so the thermal paste should be ok right?
    I cant even play league of legends at low graphics minimum + fan set to max it throttles a lot i go to like 7 fps from 110
    There cant be any other issue given ur temps are so high. U can undervolt and see if it works. Otherwise u have to send it back.
    what is undervolt?
    ok ill google undervolt haha
  • BosreefBosreef Member Posts: 51 Devotee
    Download throttle stop, udervolt and limit your turbo limits problem solved.  Lmk if you need help doing this
    done, i undervolted It stopped the throttle in game at graphics settings set to max only when the fan is at max

if i dont put the fan at max it throttles a bit

done, i undervolted It stopped the throttle in game at graphics settings set to max only when the fan is at max

if i dont put the fan at max it throttles a bit

These fans are usually good. Their lifetime is quite a lot so u dont need to worry about it going of anytime soon even if u put it max. I would recommend turning down in game settings since u want to keep temps as low as possible...(anyway thats ur choice).