Not able to find configuration tab in BIOS Menu in Acer Aspire 7

Hi there,

I recently downloaded and installed latest windows 10 updates on my ACER ASPIRE 7 laptop. Since then, my operating system is unable to detect my GPU (nvidia) graphics card. I does not show in DEVICE MANAGER. I did some research and figured out that I need to change GPU settings to discrete in BIOS configuration menu. The issue is, I am not able to see the configuration section on BIOS after I press F2.

Please help me resolve this issue, any leads will be appreciated.

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 24,480 Trailblazer
    In the BIOS main or advanced tab, press Ctrl+S to reveal hidden options. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • Ankush_BakshiAnkush_Bakshi Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hi Jack, 

Thanks for the information, i tried with ctrl+s in main/advanced, but still cant see gpu change option
    What is your full Aspire 7 model number? For example, A715-51g? Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
    Hi Jack,

my full Aspire 7 model is ASPIRE A715-75G
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. In the box that pops up is System Protection turned on? If yes, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see a restore point with a datestamp that coincides when the nvidia gpu disappeared? Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
    Hi Jack,

Thanks for your comments,  I do see a restore point and i think it does coincide with the time from when i have started facing gpu issues, shall i restore the system till that date stamp?
    Absolutely. Do it quickly just in case the restore point is automatically deleted  by future updates that don't yet address the problem. This is a common problem for the new unimproved Win10 lifecycle policies.  If the gpu reappears, then you will probably want to temporarily block the errant update from re-loading with Windows update hide tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    Worked like a dream, thanks for all your help!! :)
    Make sure System Protection is still turned on. An interim update will sometimes sneak in there when you're not looking and turned it off.  I usually set my wifi with metered connectjon turned on so this is less likely to happen. Jack E/NJ 
    Jack E/NJ