SF314-54: how to open case, location of CMOS battery

Options
TomCloyd
TomCloyd Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I need to pull and reinsert the CMOS battery, with the goal of provoking and auto-resetting my BIOS, as it has ceased to function properly. My laptop is out of warranty so that is not an issue.

I have been unable to find information about opening the case, and would prefer not to do this unguided if possible. I have replaced components in a number of other laptops I've owned, but I'm being cautious. I also need to know how to locate the CMOS battery. Again, I could be experimental about this, but prefer not to go this route.

Is there information about these matters available somewhere (Google showed my nothing of value), or can someone offer suggestions?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,867 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    Options
    We can show you how to take the laptop apart:
    But we cannot post any information about the bios password.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TomCloyd
    TomCloyd Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Thank you! I will watch this shortly. I hope the CMOS battery is pointed out, as that is my objective here.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The CMOS rtc battery is located under the SSD. Now, I believe that removing the rtc battery will not remove the bios password. Ideally, contact acer technical support.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)