Bluetooth disappeared on Nitro 5 AN515-54-54WF

PetarPetrov
PetarPetrov Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hello everyone!
I recently bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-54WF and everything was fine, I even connected to other device through Bluetooth but after an update my bluetooth just disappeared. And by disappeared i mean this:

As you can see there's no option for turning the Bluetooth on and off.

So I tried everything I thought of and found on the internet but nothing seemed to help.

That's how I proceeded:

First of all I can't even run the troubleshooter as it says "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adaptar to add Bluetooth capability to this computer"

I checked the services and Bluetooth support service is running on auto.

All drivers are up to date. I even ended up digging information about the motherboard so I can search the exact drivers I need and tried with the ones provided by Acer.

In device manager when I expand Bluetooth it does show existing device and I read somewhere to try and uninstall the first one(which I suppose was the device) and reboot so it can install on itself again. But nothing happened after the reboot, the option just disappeared and I can't find a way to bring it back. Now the remaining options are :

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

I also ran the sfc /scannow in command prompt and it did fix some corrupted files, but did not fix my bluetooth problem.

I did uninstallation of latest quality update as I supposed the problem came from there but had no luck with that either.

I even tried the simple fix that worked for a suprising amount of people - turning the laptop off from the power button, unplugging the charger and waiting before turning it back on.

I got to the point of thinking of doing a clean install, but then I read someone had the same problem and the reinstallation didn't help.

I really don't know why and what's happening, it feels like the laptop can't recognize its Bluetooth adapter at all. But this makes no sense to me. How could this happen when the hardware is not touched at all, plus the laptop's pretty new and there aren't any major changes done to it.

I've been overthinking what could be the cause of the problem and my mind is frequently occupied with that. I am really frustrated, so please help :'(
And I am aware of the option of getting an USB Bluetooth adapter, but it just doesn't feel right. 

Here's my system information in case you need it:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-V9KMK8S
System Manufacturer Acer
System Model Nitro AN515-54
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 0000000000000000
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.23, 10/25/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 1.23
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer CFL
BaseBoard Product Octavia_CFS
BaseBoard Version V1.23
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Bulgaria
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"
User Name DESKTOP-V9KMK8S\Петър
Time Zone FLE Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.85 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.52 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.37 GB
Page File Space 7.50 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, WinRE is not configured
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Answers

• NotIronicInAnyWay
    NotIronicInAnyWay Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey, I don't have a solution but I wanted to ask if you were able to fix this problem? I have the same laptop and this problem just happened to me. I've tried a few solutions (nothing worked), looked at a few forums and support sites and I see a lot of people with the same problem but almost no success stories. Were you able to fix it and if so, how? I almost exclusively play games with a bluetooth controller so this problem is worrying me a lot.
  • PetarPetrov

Tinkerer

Hey, I don't have a solution but I wanted to ask if you were able to fix this problem? I have the same laptop and this problem just happened to me. I've tried a few solutions (nothing worked), looked at a few forums and support sites and I see a lot of people with the same problem but almost no success stories. Were you able to fix it and if so, how? I almost exclusively play games with a bluetooth controller so this problem is worrying me a lot.
    Hey there, unfortunately after almost 6 months I still haven't fixed it and decided to give up :'( . However I am thinking of buying one of those Bluetooth dongles as that's the only solution I found. A Bluetooth dongle is a device that you simply plug into your computer's USB port and any Bluetooth device will be able to connect to your PC. You should consider buying one yourself, they are inexpensive and will surely satisfy your needs. And by the way that's exact same reason I needed bluetooth.
  • YashaswiSingh
    YashaswiSingh Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought a Nitro 5 about a month ago and ran into the same problem. Now it's even in a no boot scenario.
  • JanHan
    JanHan Member Posts: 3 New User
    I had a same problem today and I solved it. In my case helped this procedure:
    Go to Windows settings and choose option Update and Security.
    Click search Updates (also comulative Updates, simply all thinks with updatu you will find). Click "Show Otional Updates" and choose item with "Bluetooth".
    Reset computer after downloading and installing all updates. After this procedure Bluetooth worked again in my case (Bluetooth button is back and my BT mouse works again).
  • PetarPetrov

Tinkerer

JanHan said:

Click "Show Otional Updates" and choose item with "Bluetooth".
    There is no such thing as bluetooth.

• Oleks
    Oleks Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think I found a solution to the problem. I solved it a few times - it was a problem with a driver. You can check out more information here: https://oleks.ca/bluetooth-a-disparu-sur-acer-nitro-5/ I hope it helps. The info's in French, but you can use Google translate.
  • PetarPetrov

Tinkerer

Oleks said:
    I think I found a solution to the problem. I solved it a few times - it was a problem with a driver. You can check out more information here: https://oleks.ca/bluetooth-a-disparu-sur-acer-nitro-5/ I hope it helps. The info's in French, but you can use Google translate.
    Nope. As you can see that's what I wrote:

All drivers are up to date. I even ended up digging information about the motherboard so I can search the exact drivers I need and tried with the ones provided by Acer.

In device manager when I expand Bluetooth it does show existing device and I read somewhere to try and uninstall the first one(which I suppose was the device) and reboot so it can install on itself again. But nothing happened after the reboot, the option just disappeared and I can't find a way to bring it back. Now the remaining options are :

• paul_aka_slim
    paul_aka_slim Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi guys i was having same problem as got acer nitro 5 and bluetooth was not showing up and infact was saying that it does not support bluetooth, where in my system information saying got bluetooth,ok its taken me a few hours of researching and trying things out and eventually solved it.
    what i did was go onto acer driver website and when on there downloaded serialnumberdetectiontool to find correct model, then looked for the bluetoooth drivers when found them i downloaded, ok did not work first as i noticed i downloaded the windows 11 version, so deleted it and changed it to windows 10 version installed both drivers that were there, extracted the files and then opened them up and, in there open up setup driver, you will get a warning saying not to run but there is option to bypass once done both setups my bluetooth icon appeared and i could connect to my gaming soundbar...so hope this has helped and works out for people having problems

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited December 2021
    Hello everyone!
    I recently bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-54WF and everything was fine, I even connected to other device through Bluetooth but after an update my bluetooth just disappeared. And by disappeared i mean this:

As you can see there's no option for turning the Bluetooth on and off.

So I tried everything I thought of and found on the internet but nothing seemed to help.

That's how I proceeded:

First of all I can't even run the troubleshooter as it says "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adaptar to add Bluetooth capability to this computer"

I checked the services and Bluetooth support service is running on auto.

I also ran the sfc /scannow in command prompt and it did fix some corrupted files, but did not fix my bluetooth problem.

I did uninstallation of latest quality update as I supposed the problem came from there but had no luck with that either.

I even tried the simple fix that worked for a suprising amount of people - turning the laptop off from the power button, unplugging the charger and waiting before turning it back on.

I got to the point of thinking of doing a clean install, but then I read someone had the same problem and the reinstallation didn't help.

I really don't know why and what's happening, it feels like the laptop can't recognize its Bluetooth adapter at all. But this makes no sense to me. How could this happen when the hardware is not touched at all, plus the laptop's pretty new and there aren't any major changes done to it.

I've been overthinking what could be the cause of the problem and my mind is frequently occupied with that. I am really frustrated, so please help :'(
    And I am aware of the option of getting an USB Bluetooth adapter, but it just doesn't feel right. 

Hey "PetarPetrov" BT disappearing is nothing unusual it happens all the time with lots of laptops. First, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant as that will update all the Intel components in your laptop to the latest Intel graphic, chipsets, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers for the AN515-54 after, reboot, login and see if the Wi-Fi and BT work, if not then press the F3 key as it should reinstate both Wi-Fi and BT functions, it’s a simple thing and that is how you reinstate both Wi-Fi and BT functions. 

• RAdium
    RAdium Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi guys i was having same problem as got acer nitro 5 and bluetooth was not showing up and infact was saying that it does not support bluetooth, where in my system information saying got bluetooth,ok its taken me a few hours of researching and trying things out and eventually solved it.
    what i did was go onto acer driver website and when on there downloaded serialnumberdetectiontool to find correct model, then looked for the bluetoooth drivers when found them i downloaded, ok did not work first as i noticed i downloaded the windows 11 version, so deleted it and changed it to windows 10 version installed both drivers that were there, extracted the files and then opened them up and, in there open up setup driver, you will get a warning saying not to run but there is option to bypass once done both setups my bluetooth icon appeared and i could connect to my gaming soundbar...so hope this has helped and works out for people having problems

Followed this instructions and my bluetooth came back. Bluetooth can now be toggled on and off. Thanks for this.
    One detail is when opening setup driver, right click and run as administrator.
  • German1go
    German1go Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey there, unfortunately after almost 6 months I still haven't fixed it and decided to give up :'( . However I am thinking of buying one of those Bluetooth dongles as that's the only solution I found. A Bluetooth dongle is a device that you simply plug into your computer's USB port and any Bluetooth device will be able to connect to your PC. You should consider buying one yourself, they are inexpensive and will surely satisfy your needs. And by the way that's exact same reason I needed bluetooth.
    Hello guys. I´m with the same problem... and i´m desperate.. after 9 months i dont find a solution yet. Do you were able to fix this problem?
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder
    German1go

You need to make sure whether you have installed the Bluetooth driver and whether the Bluetooth is turned on. 

Try windows x 
    go to device manager
    check whether you are able to see the Bluetooth driver

Try to check whether you are able to see the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar right next to date and time.  

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand Bluetooth - right click on Bluetooth driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer.

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter from device manager 
    Don’t restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the Bluetooth driver 

Kindly follow the details from the link given below 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Sumnemo
    Sumnemo Member Posts: 1 New User

Had the same problem a couple times. Wont appear no matter what.

The solution for me seems to be to disable the bluetooth driver in device manager and enable again.