120hz on PS5 not working (ACER Predator XB3 monitor)

UnlessonUnlesson Member Posts: 3 New User
I can not enable the 120hz setting (on 1080p) in Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War on my Acer 4K 144hz monitor. It will remain greyed out, whatever I try.

All the steps I took so far:
- Start the PS5 version of Cold War.
- Use the performance mode in the PS5 settings as default.
- Turn off HDR and Ray Tracing.
- Manually set the resolution at 1080p.

At this point I am starting to get worried that the HDMI-ports (2.0) of my Acer monitor are locked to 60hz. The exact model number of my monitor is: ACER Predator XB273KGPbmiipprzx .
I am aware of the fact that you need HDMI 2.1 for 120hz at 4K. However, HDMI 2.0 should be sufficient to get 120hz at 1080p working.

I am hoping that you guys have a suggestion to get 120hz working at 1080p on this monitor!

FAQ & Answers

• prbrolltideprbrolltide Member Posts: 3 New User
    I’m having the same problem with my predator xb273k, it’s super frustrating. I’ve followed the same steps as you too 😫
  • UnlessonUnlesson Member Posts: 3 New User
    I found the problem: apparently the XB273k HDMI-output is limited at 60hz. Only way to get 120hz is via DP. This is nowhere stated in the manual or websites, but a reviewer on youtube mentioned it. I also tried to connect the monitor with the PS5 via an DP-to-HDMI-cable, but that didn't work.

It sucks that Acer limits its HDMI output on a $800 monitor to 60hz, while cheaper monitors of half the price are able to output 120hz (at 1080p) via HDMI.