Laptop CPU Heat Too High Helios 300 G3-571

FarmerFranFarmerFran Member Posts: 6 New User
edited December 1 in Predator Laptops
Hello All,

I have a Helios 300 G3-571 Laptop.  While playing games the CPU temp is hitting 95+ C.  This particular Laptop has the 17-7700HQ so no tuning is possible.  Any other things I can try?

So far I bought the Kootek Cooler Pad Chill Mat 5.  It did not help.

Thanks

Thread was edited to add the model name to the title

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• busu3busu3 Member Posts: 318 Skilled Practitioner
    U can undervolt the cpu first and see if that reduces temps. If ur laptop is quite old then u will have to clean the fans and if needed replace the thermal paste. If its under warranty u can give it to acer or u can do it by yourself.
  • FarmerFranFarmerFran Member Posts: 6 New User
    Ok , I found out that Throttlestop can in fact lower the voltage. I cannot save it but not a big deal to launch it each time.  I turned off Turbo and the temps are around 76.

I am building my desktop in a few weeks and will redo the thermal paste then.
    edited November 20
    Also the fans only hit about 4k RPM so it is a lot more quiet than when hey hit the 6k RPM
    I wouldnt recommend disabling turbo boost since u paid for a powerful cpu and now u just limit it to its base clocks.
  • FakeFireFakeFire Member Posts: 7 New User
    busu3 said:
    I wouldnt recommend disabling turbo boost since u paid for a powerful cpu and now u just limit it to its base clocks.
    the problem is the CPU temperature it go high like 85c to 90c
  • BosreefBosreef Member Posts: 51 Devotee
    Ok , I found out that Throttlestop can in fact lower the voltage. I cannot save it but not a big deal to launch it each time.  I turned off Turbo and the temps are around 76.

I am building my desktop in a few weeks and will redo the thermal paste then.
    Like you cant save it or you need to open throttle stop each time you boot up the computer because if is the ladder you can always set up throttle stop to open via task scheduler.....

FakeFire said:
    busu3 said:
    the problem is the CPU temperature it go high like 85c to 90c
    Yes but whats the point in paying so much for an expensive cpu just to limit its potential to something which existed years ago.
    I will turn it back on once I re-paste the CPU
    Accepted Answer
    Ok there is absolutely no problem with disabling the boost except that u will lose some performance. For repaste use a high end paste like kryonaut.
    busu3 said:
    Ok there is absolutely no problem with disabling the boost except that u will lose some performance. For repaste use a high end paste like kryonaut.
    I have the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for my new desktop build.  I will use that, thanks!
    FYI, Voltage at -120.1mV