Has anyone else had troubles with the number keypad on their Acer keyboard?

bcjames
bcjames Member Posts: 2 New User
We just recently bought an Acer TC-895 desktop and it came with a keyboard and mouse. The keyboard works, however, every once in a while when you press a single number on the numbers to the right of the keyboard, it will register like you are hitting that number multiple times. This makes it hard to continually trust that the correct numbers are being typed in when it does this so often. The only way I have been able to fix it is by unplugging the USB from the computer and plugging it back in. This fix is only temporary though and is something that I have to do at least once a day. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any ideas to resolve it?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    That sounds like an issue with the keyboard. Is it wired or wireless?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bcjames
    bcjames Member Posts: 2 New User
    @billsey it is wired through usb connection.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @bcjames
    Acer's keyboards are not good. I have heard many complains about that. My TC-885 came with a defective keyboard. The simple solution is to replace it with a generic keyboard. A cheap generic keyboard will work better than the one shipped with your PC. You don't even need to press <Fn> key for those function keys.
  • Chicki
    Chicki Member Posts: 1 New User
    bcjames said:
    We just recently bought an Acer TC-895 desktop and it came with a keyboard and mouse. The keyboard works, however, every once in a while when you press a single number on the numbers to the right of the keyboard, it will register like you are hitting that number multiple times. This makes it hard to continually trust that the correct numbers are being typed in when it does this so often. The only way I have been able to fix it is by unplugging the USB from the computer and plugging it back in. This fix is only temporary though and is something that I have to do at least once a day. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any ideas to resolve it?
    Hello,
    Im not sure if you fixed your issue but I recently purchased an ACER Aspire laptop and had the same issue and if this does not help you I hope it can help others with the same or similar issue. For the number keypad to start working again I held down the Num Lock Button for 5 seconds and that was it. I know, so simple right!! But yet it took me hours of researching and even downloading a driver finder app but I found this info in Windows Settings>>Ease of Access>>Keyboard>>Toggle Keys and it worked for me. Good luck!! :) 
This discussion has been closed.