Helios 300 PH315-53 display options

Options
Denes888
Denes888 Member Posts: 4 New User
Dear All,
Before buying my Acer laptop, I made an investigation on the internet, that what kind of displays are used in these machines. All the review-er got a 144Hz 9x% sRGB color 300nit screen, and it is mentioned, that a 240Hz display option is also available. Well, these are not the only options. I bought it with i7 10th gen CPU, RTX 2060 and 512 SSD storage (not the cheapest one, I think mid range) and I got an Innolux display (CMN1521, N156HRA-EA) with FU***NG 45% NTSC, 60% sRGB and 250nit display. Basically, the worst 144Hz display available based on panelook.com. I would like to highlight this post, because a lot of people think that this series has good displays but not all of them, to be precise not much of them. I think only the RTX 2070 max-q series got the better displays. If you are planning to do to some graphic task, drawing, photo editing or video editing, then this display is *****. Blue, green and red colors are not available, only blueish, greenish and reddish. Acer is not really communicating what display are they putting in their laptops and also the official stores don't know them, because they highlighted  72% NTSC and 100% sRGB for my configuration. Acer is in the same league as ASUS... Lenovo at least highlight on their website exactly which model has good displays.

Answers

• TANTANTAN
    TANTANTAN Member Posts: 55 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    HI, have you check your display IDS from device manager - monitor - generic monitor - hardware IDS. Mine also shown cheap display (NCP004D)...... also the 45 ntsc display even they listed their product as 72 ntsc 
  • Denes888
    Options
    Yes, I checked there also. Mine is CMN1521 . NCP004D is also very cheap and bad display. I've heard from someone that his 2070max q with 1tb nvme ssd config is also has the NCP004D. So I don't know if this is true for only 2020 devices, but very likely at least in Europe we are getting this bad dispays. 
  • TANTANTAN
    Options
    Finally can understand how they able to market their product at cheaper price ... they should not listed it at 72 ntsc....
  • Denes888
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Where did you see the 72% NTSC as listed? I only see those at reviewers.  If you have that in specification, then you are eligible for a replacement display which can provide the advertised parameters.

In my case, I trusted in reviews, and a local acer store website, but they made a mistake regarding this.

Also cost difference between these displays and the better ones are max a few dollars so this is really not something that they should do. 
  • TANTANTAN
    Options
    I have even message the local store regarding the display and they mention is 72 ntsc... I have been using for about 3months, just found it out after saw your comment.... perhaps only the variant that sold on amazon us have the 72 ntsc display
  • Denes888
    Options
    Well, If you have the message from the store, you can still show them what you found and request from them a display upgrade.
  • Ban061
    Ban061 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have rtx 2070 Maxq i7 10750h with 16GB ram and 1TB SSD with CMN/1521, it was almost 1800 Euro, that’s kinda sad..
  • corvusthegenius
    corvusthegenius Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I think Acer intentionally put bad screen in SEA units, cos they thought we are stupid... Mine has CMN1521 which has 45% NTSC, although they listed it as 72% NTSC. I emailed Acer Malaysia and they still didn't reply to my email.. I would never buy Acer product ever again.
  • dosleemy
    dosleemy Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    hello i am using ph315-53 with i510350h +rtx2060+512gb ssd but my panel is BOE156FHM-N4K.is it any good?