Hello, as the title states, I have an Acer Predator Triton 300, and it keeps randomly shutting down on me. This is my second laptop now as I have already sent off my first one due to it doing the exact same thing, the only difference is this one isn't stuck in a boot loop nor blue screening me every time.
I have done literally everything I can think of, but nothing is working; and no it isn't something I am doing because with my first laptop I customized it and played around with everything but decided not to with my second one as I didn't want to run the risk of it doing the same; only for it to do the exact same anyway.
Normally, it's about 5-10 minutes into playing any game but it also happens when I don't play a game. Hence why if this post isn't very informative it's because I am trying to write it before it just shuts itself off. Now, before everyone swoops in and says "overheating" or "drivers" Let me explain what I know isn't the cause;
- Overheating is not the cause, my system temp is at the moment of writing this is sat at 52, CPU is 58 and GPU is 50.
- Overclocking, I haven't touched this, and is sat at Normal from when I first got the laptop.
- Drivers, I have been through and painfully clicked each of my drivers to ensure they are all up to date.
- Firmware and BIOS, I just updated my BIOS from 1.01 to 1.06, instantly had a crash afterwards so that didn't fix it.
- Fast Start-Up, I have disabled this and still had it shut down.
- Power Plan, I have gone back to the default power plan and I am using the default windows settings.
- Battery, it isn't the battery; I was conscious of power surges or lack thereof and removed the charger from the laptop, it just switched to battery power and carried on. It caused no crash.
- I also disabled automatic shutdown when Windows ran into a problem, that didn't fix it either.
- Event viewer to my knowledge provides nothing in terms of errors or reasons as to why this is happening, I normally get one error that just tells me the laptop didn't shut down correctly..
- The same is with the reliability history, provides no information as to why it forced shutdown.
This is the second time this has happened now with the exact same laptop, only the first time it was stuck in a boot loop for 7 hours with that god awful startup sound that it had because at the time I thought it was cool but after hearing it for that long I could still hear it in my dreams whilst I slept. I bought the laptop from Curry's PC World in the UK and they're not the most helpful of people. After waiting for 2 weeks for a replacement laptop to arrive, I got it and the same thing happened that very same day. I didn't take it back because it only happened once and then didn't happen for weeks. Whereas now it is every time that I launch any kind of game or use the laptop for more than 30 minutes.
I just wanted to know if anyone else has faced this problem or if anyone knows a solution? I can't easily get up and head to my local Currys store and ask for a refund or replacement due to my work and I hopefully need a fix that I can apply myself. Kind of just expecting for someone to go "dodgy hardware" and have me believe that I get 2 laptops that both have defunct hardware in them. Just about ready to give up with Acer and get a different brand and throw this in the bin.
Please, someone, have a solution or any kind of help, don't want to of wasted £1500 on a laptop that never works.