Predator Helios 300 wifi issue! PH315-53-72XD

Options
fod90
fod90 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey everyone! I recently bought the 2020 Predator Helios 300 model (PH315-53-72XD), and I'm having a strange problem with the wifi. I'm losing the wifi connection almost every hour, at exactly the same time (3:48, 4:48, 5:48.. etc). This also causes the wifi to drop on my other devices. I never had this problem before and when the laptop is turned off, wifi runs perfectly. I called my internet provider and they said everything was fine on their end.

I've tried many solutions I've found online like updating the wifi driver, uninstalling and reinstalling it, unchecking the option that allows the computer to turn off the driver to save power, resetting the router. But none of that worked.

Also when I use the troubleshooter, I get a variety of errors like: "Problem with wireless adapter or access point", "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken", or "The default gateway is not available"

Can anyone help? This is very frustrating and wifi is a very basic thing and I need to know if I should return the laptop or not. Thanks in advance!!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    fod90 said:
    Hey everyone! I recently bought the 2020 Predator Helios 300 model (PH315-53-72XD), and I'm having a strange problem with the wifi. I'm losing the wifi connection almost every hour, at exactly the same time (3:48, 4:48, 5:48.. etc). This also causes the wifi to drop on my other devices. I never had this problem before and when the laptop is turned off, wifi runs perfectly. I called my internet provider and they said everything was fine on their end.

I've tried many solutions I've found online like updating the wifi driver, uninstalling and reinstalling it, unchecking the option that allows the computer to turn off the driver to save power, resetting the router. But none of that worked.

Also when I use the troubleshooter, I get a variety of errors like: "Problem with wireless adapter or access point", "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken", or "The default gateway is not available"

Can anyone help? This is very frustrating and wifi is a very basic thing and I need to know if I should return the laptop or not. Thanks in advance!!

I would suggest you to contact Acer support in your region.
  • fod90
    fod90 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    fod90 said:

I would suggest you to contact Acer support in your region.
    Thanks for your answer! I already contact them and they suggested some of the solutions I mentioned above but none of them worked. I ended up ordering a replacement, hopefully the new laptop won't have this issue.
This discussion has been closed.