Backlight Bleeding on Acer Aspire 5 A515 55g

Options
Afdhal
Afdhal Member Posts: 80 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I purchased an acer aspire 5  A515 55g laptop recently and I now notice whenever I switch it on particulary during the bootup where the acer logo is displayed in Green there is some backlight bleeding very visible on the bottom corners of the bezels and it looks as if its spreading idk.But whenever I use it its not there,only when theres a black screen or a dark blue windows screen it shows.Is it normall or a screen hardware problem??How can I fix this problem and is it fixable.Its quite noticeable and There is no one with the same modle of laptop i have who noted this issue.Backlight bleeding on the corner of the bezels.Big white patches sort off.Please help me out as It would be a relief to know that this is normal and not a problem .Thanks god bless I hope u can see the pic clearly.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,695 Trailblazer
    Options
    Most screens have some bleed. Your's looks minimal. Try the light bleed test and report back https://www.lightbleedtest.com/
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Afdhal
    Options
    JackE said:
    Most screens have some bleed. Your's looks minimal. Try the light bleed test and report back https://www.lightbleedtest.com/
    Jack E/NJ

As you suggested I tried the light bleed test and I did notice some "bleeding on the top right almost reaching to the middle.I had to max out the brightnesss for it to be completely noticeable but pretty evident still...I did take some pics and I hope its visible,please excuse the bad camera quality lol.I really hope its normal since I am in no position to replace/repair it,Also its noticeable when im using windows and apps on dark mode.It would give me so much relief if anyone can vouch for me if this is a normal thing..Also what about using dark mode apps??WHen i took the test it was quite noticeable on all 4 corners kinda big

• Afdhal
    Options

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    Looks better than mine. Wanna trade?   =)    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Afdhal
    Options
    JackE said:
    Oh wow!!Thankyou soo much man..its such a great relief man to know its normal..Idk but your reply made me smile as well bro.haa ha thanks man I really thought I bought a faulty laptop So i guess its to be expected with IPS panels.If i remember correctly on the very 1st boot up I didnt notice any Glows I guess it gradually appeared?Thats not a cause for concern I hope..Thanks and God bless U my friend👍
  • Afdhal
    Options
    I see...So judging from the article I guess its a regular occurance and not a faulty product I purchased.So whenever I notice "IT" I should not focus too hard on it and bear it since its normal right?Thanks👍👍
  • Afdhal
    Options
    Afdhal said:
    JackE said:
    Oh wow!!Thankyou soo much man..its such a great relief man to know its normal..Idk but your reply made me smile as well bro.haa ha thanks man I really thought I bought a faulty laptop So i guess its to be expected with IPS panels.If i remember correctly on the very 1st boot up I didnt notice any Glows I guess it gradually appeared?Thats not a cause for concern I hope..Thanks and God bless U my friend👍
    Also If i notice It while either watching a movie with a dark setting or using nightmode on any app I should just not focus too much on it and bear it up??
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I purchased an acer aspire 5  A515 55g laptop recently >>>I should just not focus too much on it and bear it up??

Well, if it was mine I wouldn't focus on it one bit. But if you're a gambler, you could always try to return it to the seller and exchange it to see if you get lucky with an LCD screen that bleeds a bit less --- or unlucky with an LCD that bleeds a lot more--- or break even with an LCD that bleeds about the same. Bleeding is the nature of backlit LCDs.   Or maybe you could exchange  it for a pricier OLED screen laptop with no bleeding at all.  =)    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ