What does flashing white-blueish light mean? Acer S271HL

Options
JackS35
JackS35 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer S271HL and it worked perfectly until about 6 or 7 months ago, it still worked but the power button light would flash a white blueish color and then eventually orange and then it would turn on into burn-in mode where I would be able to use it, but whenever I would turn my PC off it would also turn completely off and I wouldn’t be able to turn it back on until it went through the cycle. A few weeks ago it just stopped doing the cycle and instead would repeatedly flash the white blueish color and I’ve tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, changing outlets, plugging it into an outlet extension brick thing (I don’t remember what it’s called), plugging it into an outlet controlled by a switch, updating the driver, reverting the driver, using an HDMI cable, using a DVI cable, and probably some more that I can’t remember. Please help me as this is my only monitor.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try disconnecting it from everything then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Wait a few minutes then plug everything back in and turn it on. Sometimes that helps when the monitor gets confused...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackS35
    Options
    billsey said:
    Try disconnecting it from everything then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Wait a few minutes then plug everything back in and turn it on. Sometimes that helps when the monitor gets confused...
    Didn’t work, it just shows the blue power light for a few seconds and then slowly fades away.
  • JackS35
    Options
    Update: The LED power light has stopped flashing and is now just off. The LED will still light up blue whenever I unplug everything, hold the power button for 30 seconds, and plug it back in but it still slowly fades away.
  • JackS35
    Options
    It has started flashing again, I have sat and watched it for hours but it does nothing. It just flashes.
  • Cristobal55
    Cristobal55 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    The same problem on the Acer GN246HL monitor, nothing seems to fix it.