Acer Swift sf 314 - 54 - INTEL Management Engine - hard shutdown exactly 30 minutes after boot

Options
Spankplanker
Spankplanker Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
Can anyone please provide a solution for this problem?
The laptop suddenly switches off to black screen, without saving data after a fixed time of 1/2 hour.
This will happen if it is plugged in, on battery, Safe Mode or in UEFI.

Acer Swift sf314-54 N17W7 NXGXZEK012
Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 2004
BIOS Version 1.16

AMT_Intel_11.7.0.1057_W10x64_(Kabylake) won't install: "This platform is not supported"
Intel Management Engine is not present in Device Manager

Anybody come accross a solution for this?

Answers

• Spankplanker
    Options
    Anybody come across a solution for this?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did this problem occur after any windows update?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Spankplanker
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    Yes, the computer was set to auto-update and its been ongoing a few weeks now. I installed 2004 hoping it would sort it, but alas, it made no difference. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you check if this driver is having problems?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Spankplanker
    Options
    Hi, 
    Yes, it's doesn't even appear in Device Manager when I click view\show hidden items.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you know what version of the bios was originally installed? Did this issue occur after updating the bios to version 1.16? Have you tried to reset the battery?
    Have you checked the temperature with the hwmonitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Spankplanker
    Options
    The laptop came with BIOS v1. 16 installed and when I checked I saw this is still the most current version.
    I have tried the CMOS battery reset, but to no avail.
    Like you, I also suspected a thermal issue at first, so installed Piriform Speccy, and the CPU temperature hasn't exceeded 60 deg C. Normally sits around 40.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Just to make sure the problem is not with windows, try reinstalling windows 10:
    Then report if the problem still occurs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Perhaps, it is a problem in the ME region of the bios too.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Spankplanker
    Options
    I'm suspecting BIOS issue as well because the fault still occurs in UEFI, before Windows has even loaded.

I'll try and do a back-up and clean install of Windows anyway just to rule it out. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this model allow you to install the same version of the bios again?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Spankplanker
    Options
    Just tried that, but it displays an error message stating that I already have the most up to date version. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try disconnecting the lithium battery and the rtc battery, to reset the bios parameters:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer