Fail to "Enter VR" for WMR

Orangejaja
Orangejaja Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,
I am trying to watch YouTube Video with the AH101, when I click the goggles icon in YouTube, after playing the animation (animation of switching VR mode), it does not enter the VR mode but stay at the original browers page. Anyone one knows what's happen? Thanks!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Are you in the WMR portal or another app?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Orangejaja
    billsey said:
    Are you in the WMR portal or another app?
    Hi billsey, I am in the WMR portal, using Microsoft Edge with viewer 360 in Cliffhouse
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    OK, let me give that a try here, I was playing around in the Cliff House just last week and didn't notice anything amiss, but they had done a bunch of changes since I was last in there. Do you have a particular VR you were trying to use? I've seen some that just give you the flat 360 degree view, without the expected VR experience, but I think they were just 360s, not full VR.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Orangejaja
    Thanks for your help!

I am using ACER AH101

I can describe my issue more precisely!
    After entering the cliff house, everything is just fine. And I choose a VR video in YouTube and click the goggles icon, such animation shows,
    But it did not turn into VR mode as expected but with the same UI before the animation. However, the option ‘leave VR’ is available to click after the animation.
  • Orangejaja
    I have just tried to install the Acer VR Utility for Chrome Browser(experimental) and click a VR at the Acer WebVR Start Page.
    It shows the below image. (In English it means "Oh! The mode is not usable. If the problem still exist, please see the problem shooting page.)
    And I enter the problem shooting page and follow the suggest solution, VR still not usable.