SP513-51-78TH: need wireless adapter replacement or upgrade

Options
chocs
chocs Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Currently have a QCNFA-435 wireless adapter, however incoming wifi speed isn't receiving as fast as it should. Have contacted Acer and they advised me after all the protocols of trying to get it to function correctly that I will need a new wireless network adapter. 

I would like to not just replace it but to upgrade the card, what can I upgrade it with?

Spin SP513-51-78th

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your system could have been built with any of three different WiFi cards, but they are all 802.11ac and all in an M.2 form factor using PCIe 2.1. 802.11ac implies there are two antennas, tuned for both 2.GHz and 5GHz, so there's nothing stopping you from putting an 802.11ax (WiFi 6) card in. Make sure you pull the drivers down for the card you choose before starting the tear down, since they will be different than the ones you have now.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your system could have been built with any of three different WiFi cards, but they are all 802.11ac and all in an M.2 form factor using PCIe 2.1. 802.11ac implies there are two antennas, tuned for both 2.GHz and 5GHz, so there's nothing stopping you from putting an 802.11ax (WiFi 6) card in. Make sure you pull the drivers down for the card you choose before starting the tear down, since they will be different than the ones you have now.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chocs
    chocs Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Thank you Billsey, I took your advice and installed an 802.11ax. 
  • billsey
    Options
    Great, and how is it working out so far?