Predator Helios 300 freezing and restarting with Blue Screen

Options
ChinmoySC
ChinmoySC Member Posts: 3 New User
Recently bought a Predator Helios 300(PH315-52-74DX) in June and initially everything was running well. But since early-September, whenever I try playing any game on it, after about 5 mins the laptop freezes and crashes with a Blue Screen. I have tried updating graphics drivers, uninstalling GeForce Experience and even resetting Windows but to no avail. It has now reached a point where it can't even run light simulation games on it for more than 5 mins. I have become really frustrated with this laptop and am having second thoughts about recommending it to anyone else.

Please help!

Answers

• Bosreef
    Bosreef Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    What Bios version do you have? (windows+r "msinfo32")
  • ChinmoySC
    Options
    Bosreef said:
    Insyde Corp, v1.10, 02-03-2020

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    ChinmoySC said:
    Bosreef said:

I am sorry to hear this, have you tried our latest BIOS v.1.12? Any recent Windows updates?

Acer-Manny
  • ChinmoySC
    Options
    ChinmoySC said:
    Bosreef said:

I am sorry to hear this, have you tried our latest BIOS v.1.12? Any recent Windows updates?

Acer-Manny

Haven't tried the BIOS yet, will do now. I had updated Windows to the latest version and then the problems started, so I reverted it back. The problems still persist though.
  • 4thDoctor
    4thDoctor Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you Acer-Manny!! I had this problem and the Bios update totally fixed it!!!