HDD and RAM upgrade for my Aspire 5 A514-53

Options
i_am_vijesh
i_am_vijesh Member Posts: 3 New User
How do I add HDD and upgrade RAM of my Aspire 5 A514-53 with only SSD (512 gb) and 8 gb DDR4 SDRAM

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You have 4GB onboard memory and 4GB removable RAM, get another 8GB with same specs and install to make the total maximum memory of 12GB, as for the HDD, you need to buy the SATA cable, bracket and some screws.
    Cable part number: 50.HEPN8.007
    Bracket part number: 33.HEPN8.003
    4 screw size: M2.0x4.5 (to attach the HDD assembly to main body)
    4 screws size: M3.0x3.0 ( to attach the bracket to HDD)

• i_am_vijesh
    Options
    Hi,
    You have 4GB onboard memory and 4GB removable RAM, get another 8GB with same specs and install to make the total maximum memory of 12GB, as for the HDD, you need to buy the SATA cable, bracket and some screws.

Thanks a lot.

Is there an extra slot for Ram or should I replace the 4GB one with 8GB?

Is there a separate slot for HDD in addition to SDD?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    No problem, yes, you have to replace the 4GB removable RAM to install 8GB because you have only one slot available for upgrade in this model, you have one M.2 SSD slot and a HDD bay in which you can install a 2.5" HDD or a SSD.
  • i_am_vijesh
    Options
    Hi,
    No problem, yes, you have to replace the 4GB removable RAM to install 8GB because you have only one slot available for upgrade in this model, you have one M.2 SSD slot and a HDD bay in which you can install a 2.5" HDD or a SSD.
    Great. Thanks. Deeply appreciate it
  • lucad987
    lucad987 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you! 
    It is super appreciated to find such of information here.. why Acer does not include it in the product specs sheet? 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    lucad987 said:
    Hi,

Thank you! 
    It is super appreciated to find such of information here.. why Acer does not include it in the product specs sheet? 
    You are welcome  :)
  • Zefy_loco
    Zefy_loco Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Can I add 16 gb ram instead of 8 so that it’ll atleast have 24gb of ram rather than having only 12gb?