Acer Live Updater - Failed to update due to network or server problem. Solution? Iconia B3-A30

StepperRV
StepperRV Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Tablets
We've been trying to update our ACER Iconia B3-A30 for quite a while now and it NEVER wants to update.

Due to the table freezing up nonstop with just basic daily use, we had to factory reset it. Now it refuses to update entirely!

On another note, the tablet seems to like to change the current Time Zone all on it's own, even after disabling the Automatic Date and Time selection.

Anytime we run the System Updates, it gives this error :
Acer Live Updater - Failed to update due to network or server problem. Please try again later. 0006:7E256513

Our Tablet Info : 
Model Number : B3-A30
Android Version : 6.0 (This tablet specs could easily handle Android 8.0, so why hasn't it been updated?)
Android Security Patch Level : November 5, 2017 (3 years! 3 years later and still NO update for this tablet?!?)
Kernel Version : 3.18.22
Image Version : Acer_AV0M0_B3-A30_RV07RC02_WW_GEN1
Build Number : Acer_AV0M0_B3-A30_7.002.00_WW_GEN1
Image P/N : FM.NU3A0.00V

We have repeatedly contacted (emailed) ACER directly about this issue but we have yet to receive ANY type of response from them.

Can someone please tell us if there is an update available for this model or not?

If there is NO update for this model, then we will more than likely never buy another ACER product again, as their clear lack of response and help is quite obvious...

Answers

• StepperRV said:
    We've been trying to update our ACER Iconia B3-A30 for quite a while now and it NEVER wants to update.

Due to the table freezing up nonstop with just basic daily use, we had to factory reset it. Now it refuses to update entirely!

On another note, the tablet seems to like to change the current Time Zone all on it's own, even after disabling the Automatic Date and Time selection.

Anytime we run the System Updates, it gives this error :
    Acer Live Updater - Failed to update due to network or server problem. Please try again later. 0006:7E256513

Our Tablet Info : 
    Model Number : B3-A30
    Android Version : 6.0 (This tablet specs could easily handle Android 8.0, so why hasn't it been updated?)
    Android Security Patch Level : November 5, 2017 (3 years! 3 years later and still NO update for this tablet?!?)
    Kernel Version : 3.18.22
    Image Version : Acer_AV0M0_B3-A30_RV07RC02_WW_GEN1
    Build Number : Acer_AV0M0_B3-A30_7.002.00_WW_GEN1
    Image P/N : FM.NU3A0.00V

We have repeatedly contacted (emailed) ACER directly about this issue but we have yet to receive ANY type of response from them.

Can someone please tell us if there is an update available for this model or not?

If there is NO update for this model, then we will more than likely never buy another ACER product again, as their clear lack of response and help is quite obvious...

Your Acer Iconia One 10 (B3-A30) comes OEM with an Acer modefied Android 6.0 Marshmallow hence and this is why Acer only has this on the Acer update site (have a look here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6839?b=1) which is their moded OS titled “This image is only for WW_GEN1 SKU” version RV06RC01.WW.GEN1 dated 2017/06/22 but, once you have installed this as a “Clean Install” and not a “Factory Reset” any further updates are all to do with Acer. The reason why you are getting errors might be that Acer must not have any more updates and/or your “Factory Reset” is corrupted? That is why you are getting “Acer Live Updater - Failed to update due to network or server problem. Please try again later. 0006:7E256513” error.

Then and what you are saying that the Iconia One 10 (B3-A30) can handle the Android 8.0 Oreo easily? Which btw I don’t think that is the case as your Iconia One 10 (B3-A30) is a pretty low spec tablet e.g. CPU 1.3 GHz/ Quad-Core RAM 1GB DDR3L SDRAM in comparison to a Samsung Galaxy S8 (that btw came with the Android 8.0 OEM and can handle the Android 9.0 Pie easily) which has e.g. CPU Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) RAM 4GB RAM (LPDDR4) 64GB that is a much higher spec than your tablet.

My suggestion to you is this, do a “Clean Install” of the Acer OS from the Acer site of their OEM operating system titled “This image is only for WW_GEN1 SKU” version RV06RC01.WW.GEN1 dated 2017/06/22 as linked above and then try the Acer updates as your “Factory Reset” might be corrupted and your Iconia One 10 (B3-A30) might need a “Clean Install” of its OEM operating system.

I’ve rooted many Android smartphones and have even update my Samsung Galaxy S8 Android 9.0 Pie so that it accommodates the newer Android 10.0 or as it’s called the "Android Q" but you need a rooted OP that will accommodate your tablet like I've done to my Samsung Galaxy S8 which you have to research and you have to have extensive knowledge of how to do and root. Be warned, don’t attempt this if you don’t know what you are doing.

• Barmannf
    Barmannf Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does this also apply to my acer B3-A40? My bank app won't work with this tablet but does on my other tablet, but I am getting the same code as above. Thanks in advance. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If you are talking about the 'network error', yes. Any of the older tablets like that no longer have servers dedicated to their online updates. Any updates have to be downloaded from the Acer support site manually, and likely there are no new updates there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Carlene628
    Carlene628 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can someone explain in plain English how to fix Acer B3-A40 live updater 0006:7E256513 error message
  • billsey
    The Failed to update due to network or server problem is normal if you are trying to do an automatic update on a tablet that is no longer supported. It just means Acer has taken that update server off line. You can still find the older updates on their support site and in the case of Android tablets some updates can be gotten directly from Google.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mikie19598
    Mikie19598 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2021
    SO EVERYBODY THAT HAS AN b3-a40 OR OLDER TABLET JUST WAISTED THIER MONEY ON A TABLET THAT CAN NO ONGER GET OS UPDATES OIR UPGRADES.
    Well that just bites big time if i new this i never would have purchased but i know why they do so you will buy a new one well ill never buy another acer tablet again. So much for standing behind your product that's the problem in the world everybody wants top dollar for their laptops. desktops tablets and cellphones but nobody wants to stand behind them when something goes wrong. if thats the case then they need to make their product more affordable to the consumer.
  • billsey
    edited June 2021
    Well, the B3-A40 was released back in 2017, and Google typically only supports for three years... There is nothing wrong with the tablet, it works fine with the version of Android that was current back then.
  • 2theresa8
    2theresa8 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys can you please help me to fix the problem of my Acer Iconia B1-770 same as “Acer Live Updater - Failed to update due to network or server problem. Please try again later 0007 

Is there's a chance to fix this old model? And If you can provide step by step procedure on how to fix the problem. Much appreciated to all who can help me. Thank you in advance. SInce I'm not really a techie person :)  

Our Tablet Info : 
    Model Number : B1 - 770
    Android Version : 5.0.1
    Kernel Version : 3.10.54
    Image Version : Acer_AV0L0_B1-770_RV00RC11_WW_GEN1
    Build Number : Acer_AV0L0_B1-770_0.011.00_WW_GEN1
    Image P/N : FM.NSCAD0.001
  • billsey
    The updater gives that message for any system that no longer has the auto-update server in service. All the updates are available manually through the Acer support site, though I don't think they ever released a version newer than the Lollipop that you already have.