Aspire TC-895 HDMI dual monitor issue

chalst
chalst Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi there,
Recently got an Acer Aspire TC-895 with two HDMI ports on the mobo. Tried connecting two identical monitors to it, and no matter what one of them gets no signal. Confirmed that both ports and monitors are working. For whatever reason it only has issues when both hdmi ports are connected. I've tried having windows detect the second display, but no luck.

Any advice? I'm desperate at this point.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Boy, that's a weird one. Both ports work individually but not at the same time? I'd be looking first to make sure the computer isn't set for PC Screen Only. Hit Windows-P and set it to Extend and see if they both light up...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chalst
    billsey said:
    Boy, that's a weird one. Both ports work individually but not at the same time? I'd be looking first to make sure the computer isn't set for PC Screen Only. Hit Windows-P and set it to Extend and see if they both light up...
    The funny thing is I've tried that, but it just tells me there is no second screen connected.
  • chalst
    chalst said:
    billsey said:
    The funny thing is I've tried that, but it just tells me there is no second screen connected.
    The exact phrase it gives me is "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card."
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Project to another screen sounds like it's trying to do the wireless display thing...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Penfold33
    Penfold33 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I recently had a similar issue with my daughters gaming PC, the onboard graphics card even though it had 2 HDMI ports as well as a Display port wouldn't connect the 2 screens, to cut a long story short we ended up getting a new graphics card for it, so it could be a case of adding new graphics card to the system.