ACER ASPIRE AIO C27-962 Camera not working what can I do to fix this?

RCF
RCF Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in All-In-One PCs
Camera shows black screen right out-of-the-box.  Re-imaged Windows 10 from recovery drive created before any updates. Same results.  There is an update listed for the camera under BIOS (2), but it cannot install since it has an input field that cannot be entered and just stays on the screen.  Everything else was working fine, even after updates. Unfortunately, only C24 AIO's are offered for sale.  Had to send to repair.  Anyone else with my misfortune, that has a solution?  
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• RCF
    RCF Member Posts: 3 New User
    Update: Currently in repair at Texas location since October 27, 2020.  Awaiting parts. If Taipei, Taiwan is the only source of parts I can understand why the long delay in status change. Just be aware there is a standard right now with Covid that 15-20 business days is your expectation for repair, diagnose & ship. 
  • jprejr
    jprejr Member Posts: 1 New User

My AspireC27-962 camera quit working, what can I do to fix this?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,701 Trailblazer

@jprejr you should start a new thread (use the Ask a Question button) for your quesiton. This thread is a couple of years old and most users don't bother reading the old threads. You'll get better visibility with a new one. Include the full model number (C27-962), the issue you are seeing and what you have tried so far. Likely one of the first things we'll ask you is for a screen shot of Device Manager showing the Cameras section and any errors or warnings.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.