Acer Predator Orion 3000 PSU Upgrade, Wiring Help

PAULG1
PAULG1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2020 in Predator Desktops
Hi, I want to upgrade the power supply on my Acer Predator Orion 3000. I bought a Corsair RM 650 modular power supply. I understand most of the wiring, One cable to go to the top left 2 x 4Pin CPU supply labelled ATX 2 & ATX 3, One cable to go to the graphics card 8 pin + 6 pin, but dont understand how to do the 6 pin connection on the motherboard that is labelled ATX1? The Corsair doesn't come with any 6 pin cables. Can anyone help please, thanks Paul

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    It'd help to know just which PO3 model you have. The latest version use the new ATX12VO power supplies, which have 8 pin and 6 pin 12V connectors on the MB, not the older 24 pin version. If the PSU you got is just ATX instead of ATX12VO then it won't work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PAULG1
    PAULG1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Billsey, thanks for your comments, I think I have now also found this out, it seems it has the latest motherboard in it, this is further confirmed I think by the fact that the HDD take their power from the motherboard and not the PSU, it does have 2 x 4 pin and 1 x 6pin labeled ATX 1, 2 & 3, is there an upgraded version of this atx12vo that I could buy that is 650-750w do know?
  • billsey
    I haven't seen one yet, but I haven't been looking for one either. Initially we've seen a few ATX12VO on the market, but not yet the larger sizes.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dislikesproprietary
    dislikesproprietary Member Posts: 3 New User
    Has anyone that posted on this thread found a solution to this? I have a 2080Ti sitting here I would LOVE to put in my orion 3000 computer for my son but I need a new PSU first.
  • billsey
    This one seems to be the ATX12VO type. Contact them to verify it has the 8 and 6 pin connectors.