I own Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 and I am trying to undervolt it, recommended settings plz.

Nightwisp
Nightwisp Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
I own Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 and I am trying to undervolt it using Throttlestop but I have no clue in terms of how to set it up, what are yall recommendations and opinions about it? I am a complete blind bat when it comes to technical things like "Undervolting" and so on, I ask humbly ask you more experienced computer guru's for help. Please be safe and hope everyone is well during this covid virus pandemic.

Answers

• Nightwisp
    Currently not Running any games but on the background "Acer care", "Rain meter", "ExpressVPN", "Norton anti virus", "Nvidia settings" are running and just using chrome but CPU is at 48C, GPU is at 41C, and System is at 44C. Are these tempterature too high while not doing anything? Cpu jumps between 48C to 61C time to time. Should I be worried about this?
  • Hi,
    Your temperatures look fine, they are quite normal and nothing to worry about, in any case, the 10th Gen CPU in your laptop can not be undervolted, Intel has disabled undervolting for these CPUs.
    You too take care and be safe
  • Nightwisp
    I heard that using ThrottleStop it can be undervolted but what you said is also true but there are so many opinions online I am getting lost at which one should I follow. One side is saying using ThrottleStop, I can actually undervolt even the 10th gen but other side is saying 10th gen cannot be undervolted. I will have to do more research.  Thank you very much again for your insight! :D
  • Bosreef
    Bosreef Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    Your temperatures look fine, they are quite normal and nothing to worry about, in any case, the 10th Gen CPU in your laptop can not be undervolted, Intel has disabled undervolting for these CPUs.
    You too take care and be safe

Hey, Just F.Y.I this is not true Running 10th gen myself

as you can see
  • Hi @Bosreef
    Thanks for your post but it would be helpful to others if you could tell us the program you used to undervolt your CPU.
  • Bosreef
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Bosreef
    Thanks for your post but it would be helpful to others if you could tell us the program you used to undervolt your CPU.

Hey, Sorry about that I use throttle stop.
    And to OP I agree with Brummyfan2 those temps are fine/ideal When you say it jumps to 61 is that under idle or under use? just desktop computing (i.e using this forum I sit at 41) you could def get that 48 down a little with udervolting IMO

• Bosreef
    I should mention I`m on Bios 1.01
  • Bosreef said:
    I should mention I`m on Bios 1.01
    Yes, you have no problem with the BIOS version 1.01 but for those who have updated the BIOS to 1.07 it's a problem using TS.
    How to downgrade Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 from 1.07 to 1.06? — Acer Community
  • Nightwisp
    You guys are awesome, very informative and I appreciate it very much! as it turns out I have BIOS 1.01 and I did download Throttlestop but other sources all gives me different answer. What are yall opinions of undervolting settings for my laptop? Much appreciation to both of you! 
  • Bosreef
    edited November 2020
    Good thing you are on 1.01 DO NOT UPGRADE!!! IMO
    Here are my settings that I use any other ? LMK, also Set cpu cache to same undervolt as cpu core

• Nightwisp
    @Bosreef THank you very much good sir! ill try that setting right now!

• Nightwisp
    edited November 2020
    @Bosreef sorry to keep bothering you but what about for game settings,benchmark,battery settings? Should I set it all same for the rest of them? Much apperciation! Thank you very much brother!
  • Bosreef
    Nightwisp said:
    @Bosreef sorry to keep bothering you but what about for game settings,benchmark,battery settings? Should I set it all same for the rest of them? Much apperciation! Thank you very much brother!
    No  bother at all my dude I enjoy helping and tinkering. I'm unsure of the question, do you mean setting up different profiles?
    I run this 100% of the time... with the exception of benchmarking just when I'm tinkering to get a better benchmark score lol... I run my laptop on ac power pretty much 100% of the time, just wanted a laptop for when I do need need to go mobile with it. Ironically you really shouldn't game on battery.... so this profile should cover you for gaming general use whatever  You could defintly setup a profile with battery longevity in mind tho...
  • Nightwisp
    @Bosreef Thank you again! Im learning alot from just that image you posted!
    I apologize I was confused. I set up my throttlestop setting just like you recommended and Temperature did drop! Before not doing anything CPU was sitting at 41-45C but now its at 38Celcius. Significant drop! Thanks again bro!
  • Bosreef
    Glad it helped my dude anything else just shoot I`m Currently un-employed because of Covid So Im BOOOOOORED LOL !!!
  • Nightwisp
    @Bosreef Thanks again mah dude, im crazy happy with this setting. Laptop is staying cool and temp is amazing. I hope you find a work soon bro!
  • Bosreef
    Thanks man glad to help, actually switching carrers into IT, markets hot right now so hears hoping 
  • Nightwisp
    You will get it bro, my friends do IT job and since they can work at home, they are happy asf. They work and play at the same time. Enjoying life. 
  • Achrafzarrouk
    Achrafzarrouk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello guys, 
    I have the same specs 
    Helios 300 2020 i7 10th gen bios V1.01
    But unable to undervolt using XTU nor the TS 
    Any idea ?

• BATHALA_
    BATHALA_ Member Posts: 24 Networker
    edited December 2020
    Bosreef said:
    Good thing you are on 1.01 DO NOT UPGRADE!!! IMO
    Here are my settings that I use any other ? LMK, also Set cpu cache to same undervolt as cpu core

How'd you even manage to get -111 offset? my laptop restarts at around -95 after running stress test in 3DMark, so I stay at -92.8 offset.