My Laptop is turning off whenever I plug the charger to it - Acer Spin 3 (SP314-54N)

Sraju
Sraju Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My Laptop is turning off whenever I plug the charger to it. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    What laptop do you have? How old is it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sraju
    Acer Spin 3 (SP314-54N), bought it one month ago. 
  • billsey
    OK, let's try a battery reset, they sometimes gets confused. Shut down and disconnect everything, including power and turn the laptop over. With something like a bent paperclip, press and hold the battery reset button under that pinhole for 15-30 seconds. Release the button and wait 15-30 minutes then plug the charger back in. Wait for it to indicate a full charge and turn the laptop back on. Report back as to whether that did it or not...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sraju
    Hi billsey, I tried a battery reset but it doesn't change, it doesn't happen every time. sometimes the touchscreen doesn't work as well although the touchpad works, and I have to restart to get it back to normal.
  • billsey
    Does the charger thing happen every time or only intermittently? Are the two issue tied to each other, so that when the touchscreen isn't working the power issue is also there, but when the touchscreen is working the power issue is also not there? Are you still in warranty? I don't see how the two can easily be related, but if they are that should help a lot with diagnostics...