Aspire E5-774G-52W1 will only turn on when plugged in

mikee286
mikee286 Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Recently my Aspire E5-774G-52W1 will only power on when it is plugged in.  I can unplug it once it is turned on and it runs off the battery just fine but it can never start up on the battery it seems.

Answers

• mikee286
    I used the acer care center diagnostic and it says battery is "good"  It's 4 years old.  I can't remove the battery either it's built in.  Another odd thing is I can get it sometimes to power on while only on battery by pressing the power button a few times really fast.  It still powers on with one press like normal when plugged in though
  • mikee286
    edited January 2021
    So I finally got around to cracking this thing open and this is the battery I have.  When I google it it comes up with either chinese sites or dutch sites ending in .de and I don't know where a reputable source is for the battery.  That is unless anyone else has any ideas what could be causing the original issue of not turning on unless plugged in.  Sometimes the it will turn on when I tilt the laptop back and spam press the power button so I don't know at this point.  Battery info view says my battery wear level is only 11% Anyway, here's the pic
  • mikee286
    Any Ideas what could be causing this?  I mean there is the obvious option of replacing the battery but if anyone has any other things I could try before that since the battery is only at wear level 7%.  I also don't want to run the risk of buying a battery and that not being the issue.