Laptop (PH315-53-72XD) won't turn on

HthunderHthunder Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Was playing warthunder and it shut off mid game. It won't turn back on. I literally bought this like two weeks ago. Leaving for Iraq soon so need this fixed please.

FAQ & Answers

• CassieWCassieW Member Posts: 36 Enthusiast
    looks like it's caused by high temperature during the game. Try taking these actions:
    Clean up laptop vents. Do not put it on the flat surface.
    Avoid playing those games since it is not suitable on your laptop.
    Get your laptop to be serviced.
    Or you can make a bootable disk to boot into the laptop to get it repaired or recover data from it.
  • HthunderHthunder Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 28
    It makes a beep sound when I put it the charging cable in. But besides that it won't turn on and neither will the lights to show that its charging
  • speedherospeedhero Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,HThunder, did you solve your issue? ‘Cause I’m in the same situation like you :(

@CassieW
    Hey, could you please elaborate on “ Avoid playing those games since it is not suitable on your laptop.“? Cause my laptop gone dead during playing RedDeadRedemption 2 :(

Tinkerer

speedhero said:
    Hi,HThunder, did you solve your issue? ‘Cause I’m in the same situation like you :(

@CassieW
    Hey, could you please elaborate on “ Avoid playing those games since it is not suitable on your laptop.“? Cause my laptop gone dead during playing RedDeadRedemption 2 :(
    It turned out to be the motherboard. I sent it to Acer and they repaired it. Just go to acer support chat or call them
  • eminem2ka9eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
    I'm worries it could be my motherboard too
     I was listening to music and it switched off. Tried to turn it back on and i see the blue power light for about 2 seconds then it turns off again. The fans and backlight turn on too and the orange charge light for a split second. Are these the same symptoms.you experienced? My model is a g3 571 and I badly need it for college.🥺

Tinkerer

I was listening to music and it switched off. Tried to turn it back on and i see the blue power light for about 2 seconds then it turns off again. The fans and backlight turn on too and the orange charge light for a split second. Are these the same symptoms.you experienced? My model is a g3 571 and I badly need it for college.🥺
    No, no lights would turn on at all. I brought it to a repair shop to find out whats wrong. But sending it to Acer is a pretty easy process
  • eminem2ka9eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
    Hthunder said:
    No, no lights would turn on at all. I brought it to a repair shop to find out whats wrong. But sending it to Acer is a pretty easy process
    Ah, if it's my motherboard then I'm truly fricked. Did acer specifically mention what went wrong with the motherboard? How much was the repair as well

Tinkerer

Hthunder said:
    Ah, if it's my motherboard then I'm truly fricked. Did acer specifically mention what went wrong with the motherboard? How much was the repair as well
    The repair was free cause I still had warranty. I brought it to a regular shop just to see what was wrong. Most places will take it apart and see whats wrong either for free or for a small fee
  • speedherospeedhero Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yesterday I've brought mine to a retailer shop whereI bought it. I couldnt start my laptop, the battery indicator was off also even the charger was plugged in. Later, I got a call from the retailer, and they said that something was wrong with Bios that cant take the boot ( start up ) command and they send it to acer service. Anyway, they replaced me a new one. 
    Maybe there is something wrong when bios was updated. Idk. From what I remember there are also some people that have this kind of problem after updating bios.