Why does by nitro 5 ryzen 2500u,rx560x shows gpu temperature of 255°C and it always shows charing.

Roshan31297
Roshan31297 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop always shows charing when not even plugged in.and the gpu temperature is always 255°C and cpu temp at 30°C(in nitro sense).Laptop does not turn on all the time.When  power button is pressed keyboard glows and fan starts spinning but after few seconds laptop turns off.

Best Answer

• Broken8Ball
    Broken8Ball Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    That sounds like something is very wrong with your heating unit. Is the laptop very hot on the bottom? If so, you need to get it to a shop immediately because that sounds like an extreme fatal problem. If not, then you might want to get the temp unit sensor replaced because it could be relaying false info to the fans and system.
    I'm 8Ball, I try to help as best I can. If the news isn't good, I'll deliver it. 
    Games that are worth checking out: Destiny 2, Minecraft, Modern Warfare, Warframe, Ghostrunner, Enter the Gungeon......

Answers

• Broken8Ball
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    That sounds like something is very wrong with your heating unit. Is the laptop very hot on the bottom? If so, you need to get it to a shop immediately because that sounds like an extreme fatal problem. If not, then you might want to get the temp unit sensor replaced because it could be relaying false info to the fans and system.
    I'm 8Ball, I try to help as best I can. If the news isn't good, I'll deliver it. 
    Games that are worth checking out: Destiny 2, Minecraft, Modern Warfare, Warframe, Ghostrunner, Enter the Gungeon......
  • Broken8Ball
    I'm actually not sure about the charging problem, that's not something I've ever heard of being related to temperature issues. If you take it to a shop, mention it and let the professionals do it.
  • Roshan31297
    Roshan31297 Member Posts: 3 New User

Laptop is not at all hot on the bottom 
    I think there is problem in temperature sensor because temp 255 c doesn't seems to be practical
    Also nitro sense shows same readings even when laptop is not performing any work
  • Broken8Ball
    Yessir, that's a temp sensor problem. Easy fix and will probably be between 90-140 dollars.
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    edited October 2020
    Wow, easy fix for 90$? Sensor is embedded in the GPU! GPU is soldered on the MB, and it is not to be replaced. Whole MB have to be replaced.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158